** A big thanks to everyone who helped out with Earth Week 2006! **
This is what we did at EW06:
Monday April 17:
- Vegetarian Cooking class and dinner hosted by Krishna Bhakti.
Tuesday April 18:
- Put Some Fun Between Your Legs! Bike repair workshop and film screening of Still We Ride with Times Up.
- Greening the Campus: A discussion of environmental issues around campus with GreenArch.
Wednesday April 19:
- Community Gardening: helping out at a local community garden on fifth st between Ave C Ave D.
- Sustainable Feast: Learn about sustainable food and eat dinner. Featuring people from the Washington Square CSA and Lower Eastside Ecology Center.
Thursday April 20:
- Earthharmony Street Fair: veggie burgers, planting flowers and tabling featuring SEAL,
OXfam, 4th St Food Co-op, Times Up, Lower Eastside Ecology Center, Washington Square
CSA, Satya, SolarOne GreenArch NYU recycle center and Bike New York.
- Film Screening featuring fascinating BBC documentaries on deep-sea fish life and the classic film Biodome!
Friday April 21:
- Eco-Olymipcs, an afternoon of fun filled outdoors competition featuring ultimate frisbee wiffleball and soccer.
- Really, Really Free Market: a free swap of give-away clothes, books and anything else.