New York University
Institute of Mathematical Sciences
Course Title: Software Engineering
Course Number: g22.2440-001
Instructor: Jean-Claude Franchitti Session: 2
Team Project Specification
may be selected from the list below. You may also select any other project
related to a system development that you are interested in. All project
selected must abide to the project requirements stated in the Course
Description and Syllabus.
- On-line customer order processing
- On-line auction system
- Electronic shopping cart
- Electronic shopping mall (bookstore, PC parts shop,
- Transaction processing (pay at the pump, etc.)
- ATM bank system
- On-line bank system
- On-line university (course selection, registering,
maintaining course syllabi, etc.)
- Electronic secretary (for office assistance, for
assistance to people with disabilities, etc.)
- Agent-based system (tutoring and learning system,
electronic market system, etc.)
- Personal assistant for collaborative game playing
- Personal assistant for network management system
- Personal assistant for software system testing and
- Personal assistant for metrics collection
- Graphics or text editor (UML or business modeling
are for teams of 2 or 4 members.
select your team member(s) and project and email the project title you
selected, your project description, and your and your team members’ names and
is strongly recommended that you suggest other projects if you want.
for the first part of your project are:
Executive summary of the project (explain the overall functions of the
system, benefits of the system, target clients, etc.)
A conceptual business architecture diagram
System overall specification (text may include graphics)
A BPMN business model for the project including: a business process
hierarchy, an organizational hierarchy, and business process maps for at least
two Elementary Business Processes.
2. How to Submit?
- The documents should be
submitted both electronically and in printed form. You need to submit the
printed form for quick review and marking as well as the electronic form.
- In case of electronic
submission please make a zip or tar package of all the documents and the
model (*.mdl, *.vsd,
*.xmi, etc.) files and please include a “readme” file mentioning the name and version of the
tool that was used to generate the documents.
- The electronic version of project
assignments should be forwarded to the course TA by email.
- Inquiries about the project assignments
can be forwarded to the TA and/or course instructor.