In 1887 this building was converted into private club for theatrical professionals, as well as other artists and dignitaries. The 1888 renovation was commissioned by Edwin Booth, brother of John Wilkes Booth. White's addition includes a colonnaded stone porch adorned with elaborate ironwork lanterns, and a porch railing decorated with figures representing tragedy and comedy.

<---back

Player's Club
6 Gramercy Park South remodeled by Stanford White [1888]