One of the only extant High Victorian Gothic buildings remaining in New York, this building has the asymmetrical form, polychromatic materials, pinnacles, gables and stained glass windows commonly associated with this style. The 172-foot pyramidal turret has clocks on all four sides and once served as a fire watch tower.

<---back

Jefferson Market Courthouse
425 6th Avenue, Calvert Vaux & Frederick Withers [1873-77, restored and adapted, 1967]