The original Grace Episcopal Church was built as the neighbor to Trinity Church downtown. When forced to vacate its site and move uptown, the church chose a site on Broadway at a point where the street curves westward, making the new church visable from its former location. Built in white stone, the commission established the career of architect James Renwick, Jr. The religious complex was expanded in the 20th century and now includes a school adjacent to the church.

<---back

Grace Church
800-804 Broadway, James Renwick, Jr. [1846]