February 16, 2006
Mayer is here
Dinner tonight in honor of Mayer with Jerry and Diane, Jonathan and Elissa. We're doing the last round of revisions on the manuscript for a March submission deadline. We went to see Brokeback Mountain last night at Mayer's suggestion. I wanted us to see Fateless, but it was on too late. We loved Brokeback Mountain.
For dinner tonight, I have:
* tofu "shtrudel" I bought in Chinatown, Buddhist vegetarian style (bean curd sheets wrapped around mushrooms, clouds ears, etc.),
* Persian spinach with black eye peas,
* roasted sweet potatoes,
* roasted white roots (turnips, celery root, parsnip),
* Halabi stuffed onions (learned how from Avinadav),
* Persian rice (a pilaf with lime and green beans),
* watercress and amaranth salad, with daikon shreds and my own sprouted mung beans.
Will figure out dessert later. Dessert is Max's top priority. It is the only thing he asks about the menu.
Posted by BKG at February 16, 2006 7:44 AM