April 01, 2005
Favorite museums in London
Katy asked about my favorite museums in London. We will be there next week and she is planning a trip for May.
- Sir John Soane's Museum
- Hunterian (across the park from Sir John Soane's)
- Dennis Severs House
- Victoria and Albert Museum, especially the British Galleries
- Wallace Collection. Teri says that "the displays are just as they were in Richard Wallace's day but they have done an imaginative roofing over of the central court and put in new galleries on the lower floor, one of which provides a very nice history of the museum."
- Bethnal Green Museum of Childhood, which Teri loves but has not visited in a long time
- Dickens House in Bloomsbury, another Teri favorite. She notes that near "Dickens House are the Inns of Court, which are quite wonderful if you have not seen them."
- Geffrye Museum
- Imperial War Museum
- Museum Of
There are various lists of small and unusual museums, including Alternative Museums in London; LostAndFound.com; and Good Guide to London.
Posted by BKG at April 1, 2005 09:31 PM
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)