March 23, 2005
- congee village is supreme - i love how the rice congee is scalding hot and gets crispy on the edge of the bowl.
- ny noodletown comes highly recommended so i tried it once but had another favorite at the time so i've never gone back. when i want soup its Bo Ky! or Yuen Yuen Snack Shop on Bayard - their chicken ginseng soup scares colds away. they also have steamed duck with taro for $4 that's amazing - its an old cantonese style place and i love going there cause i'm afraid they won't last forever and there's very few left. they have many tonic soups for different ailments - listed in chinese only - snake, turtle, etc.
- funky broome has some good dishes but the same can be had cheaper elsewhere.
- i tried Happy Shabu the other nite and their seafood platter is exceptionally fresh and the decor is hilarious (rocking horses, big screen video, etc.)
- pho nha trang bbq pork chops on rice
- new malaysian restaurant squid sambal, ikan bilit
- tart n tasty - watercress and shrimp dumplings
- the basement restaurant under the manhattan bridge - no english - sesame noodles and soup for $1.50 - and the sesame covered "donuts" with mustard green.
- 118A Eldridge Street Dumpling House - the owner Vanessa Weng is charming and her dumplings are simply the best. and she makes a tunafish sandwich which i love and i always disliked tunafish sandwiches.
- Bo Ky Pho on Bayard and Mulberry has the heartiest soup broth in town.
- Yogee on Christie Street is a newly redesigned and immaculate restaurant. Try their paper baked fried rice, yanpi wonton soup, and conch with yellow chives.
My menus are now on view at the Museum of Chinese in the Americas thru june 05. CBS Sunday Morning is going to film there on Friday for a Nov. 21 airdate.
i better get back to work so i can go to lunch!
Posted by BKG at March 23, 2005 01:27 PM
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)