About the Center for Catastrophe Preparedness & Response
CCPR currently manages twenty-two research projects including over sixty faculty and staff. The Center is a national resource with added focus on the unique issues related to emergency preparedness and response in the urban environment.
A Five-Part Mission
CCPR seeks to:
- Increase the nation’s knowledge base on issues of emergency preparedness and response for large-scale catastrophic events
- Conduct both basic and applied research addressing many of the complex issues that comprise urban preparedness and response including policy recommendations, development of novel technologies, and academic publications
- Provide a forum for public and private sector officials and researchers to engage in dialogue and debate and exchange best practices
- Serve as a model academic center that maximizes the contributions of a research university to a critical national need
- Offer strategic, administrative, and financial support for academic-based research and training and educational opportunities for faculty and students
To learn more, read the full CCPR Media Kit (pdf).