Postbaccalaureate Prehealth Studies Program Application
Please read ALL INSTRUCTIONS thoroughly before beginning the process. Failure to complete each step of the application could delay the processing of your application and may result in your missing important deadlines. It is your responsibility to ensure that your application is complete before the deadline. Fees are processed once received and are non-refundable.
Supporting material should be mailed to:
100 Washington Square East, Room 901
New York, NY 10003
The application procedure has three steps:
Arrange for official transcripts from every undergraduate institution you have attended to be sent to the address above. Official transcripts may also be emailed directly from the school to email@example.com.
We require a letter of recommendation from a current/recent employer or current/recent professor (someone who has evaluated you and your work). The letter must be sent to our office DIRECTLY from your recommender. Once you submit your application, an email will automatically be sent to your recommender with the option to submit their recommendation either electronically as an email attachment or by snail mail. By submitting this application you WAIVE your right to see any letter submitted on your behalf.
We recommend that you read through the application in its entirety before filling it out. You should draft and save your responses in a separate document first, which you can then copy and paste into the appropriate spaces in the application. You may save your application and retrieve it for completion at a later time. PLEASE SAVE YOUR WORK FREQUENTLY and keep a copy for your records.
Complete and SUBMIT the online application form. You can print a copy for your own records, but please SAVE YOUR APPLICATION FREQUENTLY. If you wish to print it, be sure to fill it out on a computer with printing capabilities. Be sure to review and edit your entries thoroughly. Once you have submitted the online application form, there is no way to access and change the information you have provided. Hitting the back button may result in losing your updates.
Mail the $80 non-refundable application fee to the address provided above. Please include your full name on it as it appears on your application. Checks should be made out to New York University.
PLEASE KEEP THE FOLLOWING THINGS IN MIND
- All items submitted as supporting or supplemental material to accompany your application are confidential. You waive your right to access ALL of these things that are submitted to us. By submitting this application you WAIVE your right to see any letter submitted to support your application, and/or any portion of your application beyond what you have submitted in the online application. Your online application can be viewed on your own by logging in.
- Individual email confirmations will be triggered and sent to you to notify you that we have received and processed items such as transcripts, application fees and recommendations. Due to the volume of materials received each day, we ask that you allow us 1-2 business days processing time to update your application file. Items sent through snail mail (USPS) may take 5 days to arrive here, plus an additional 1-2 business days to process since they must be first sorted through the University mail system.
- All materials - transcript(s), a letter of recommendation, and the application fee, as well as your electronic submission - must be received by this office before an application is considered complete and ready for review.
- Deadlines are for the date of receipt, not postmark. Once your application is complete, we will send an email at the address you've provided confirming it is under review. Until then, it is your responsibility to follow up on any pieces which remain missing from your application.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants are notified by email of their admissions decisions -- we do not give admissions information over the phone.