Announcements and General Information
The topic for the 2012-13 Bickel & Brewer Global Debate at NYU will be:
"Resolved: Increased taxes on the wealthy will not improve the global economy."
Preliminary "Knock-out" Rounds will be Friday, February 15, 2013 from 9:00am-3:30pm in the Heights Lounge, Silver Center in New York, and through the use of video teleconferencing connected to other global sites to reduce the field to a "Sweet 16."
Octo-final, Quarter-Final and Semi-Final Debates will be Sunday, April 28, 2013 from 12:15pm-6:00pm in the Kimmel Center for Student Life.
The Final Debates will be Monday, April 29, 2013.
The Final Debate and Awards Ceremony will be from 3:00pm-5:00pm in Hemmerdinger Hall, on the first floor of the Silver Center.
Information on Practice Sessions
Both non-advancing teams and advancing teams in the in-person tournament should email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appt to see their ballots and the result sheets.
Teams in the Video Submission competition may request conference call meetings and their scores electronically by emailing email@example.com.
Private sessions by appt, email firstname.lastname@example.org
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2013 GLOBAL DEBATE SWEET SIXTEEN
- Aabir Gupta/Honda Wang (NYU New York)
- Katherine Wong/Nikhil Jayawickrama (NYU London)
- Aashay Sheth/Sakshi Bhoolathai (NYU New York)
- Isabelle Klinghoffer/Nathaniel White (NYU New York)
- Andres Rodriquez/ Juan Beltran (NYU Abu Dhabi)
- Matt Dunay/Abhi Elisetty (NYU New York)
- Morgante Pell/Daniel Brown (NYU Abu Dhabi)
- Raeesa Munshi /Arun V Selvaraju (NYU New York)
- Aziz Ali/Eric Reinemann (NYU New York)
- Anna Bryce Flowe/Kristine Itliong (NYU New York)
- Rah-Krishan Mistry/Benjamin Leb (NYU Abu Dhabi)
- Willis Plummer/ Peiran Zhang (NYU New York)
- William Lee/Ying Jing Sun (NYU New York)
- Souhail Wardi/Derara Hailegeorgis (NYU AbuDhabi)
- Xiaomei Wu & Meike Radler (NYU Berlin)
- Samantha Molozanov/Alex Kamath (NYU New York)