Announcements and General Information
The topic for the 2014-2015 Global Debates at NYU will be:
"Resolved: The world is safer now than it was a decade ago".
Saturday May 2nd 1:30pm-2:30pm Global Debate Participant Reception *
Abu Dhabi House
19 Washington Square North
Sunday May 3rd 12:30pm-6:30pm Registration and Elim Rounds *
Kimmel Center 9th floor
60 Washington Square South
Monday May 4th 3:00pm-5:30pm GDP Championship Rd & Awards Ceremony*
Silver Center 1st floor 100 Washington Place
* = All competitors must be present for these events or risk award forfeiture.
Congratulations to this year's Global Debate top 16.
- Abhi Elisetty/Isaac Marshall (NYU-New York)
- Raymond Wright/Nathan Hiransomboon (NYU-New York)
- Aashna Rao/Madison Ordway (NYU Madrid)
- Devon Weis/Chetan Hebbur (NYU-New York)
- Derara Hailegeorgis/Mohamed Amine (NYU Abu Dhabi)
- Kristine Itliong/Bobby Zhan (NYU-New York)
- Amanda Hua/Sharmeen Khan (NYU-Paris)
- Nathanial White/Brynn Taylor (NYU-New York)
- Justin Lee/Muthukumar Palaniyapan (NYU Abu Dhabi)
- Wenbo Wang/Zach Eckstein (NYU-New York)
- Patrick Sheldon Wee/Rene Kukk (NYU-Abu Dhabi)
- Fay Cammayo/Henry Knight (NYU-New York)
- Anna Jaskiewicz (NYU-Shanghai)/ Raeesa Munshi (NYU-New York)
- Alex Nyikos/Corey Meyer (NYU-Abu Dhabi)
- Dan Sedgh/William Montgomery (NYU-New York)
- Tyler Rhorick/Yi Xu (NYU-Shanghai)
In order to facilitate your travel, you should have completed the linked form no later than MONDAY, MARCH 23rd. If you have specific travel questions or concerns you may email Vik Keenan (firstname.lastname@example.org) using the subject "2015GDPTRAVEL".
|Global Debate Prelims at Washington Square Campus
|Deadline for Submission of International Global Debate Videos
|Global Debate Presidential Luncheon and Elim Competition
|Global Debate Finals
Information on Practice Sessions
Both non-advancing teams and advancing teams in the in-person tournament should email email@example.com to schedule an appt to see their ballots and the result sheets.
Teams in the Video Submission competition may request conference call meetings and their scores electronically by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is now open. You may register as an individual or with a partner at the registration page on this site (http://www.nyu.edu/cas/globaldebate/registration.php). Review the rules and resources pages on this website. Entries are capped at 200 students so register ASAP. Also, early registration is helpful so they receive information on the training workshops, partner matching sessions and other useful tools. Please also like the NYU Global Debate Facebook page for updated announcements. If you have questions about preparation, training assistance, partnership matches or the competition rules, please email email@example.com. Group training sessions will begin in November. If your club would like to schedule a presentation, please send your meeting times and location to firstname.lastname@example.org.