Employer Presentations for Class of 2013 and 2014
Many employers start recruiting class of 2013 in September and 2014 students in January. Employer presentations give you an opportunity to learn about a company and the positions that are available. Presentations also give you a chance to network with recruiters. Networking is a valuable tool in any job search and a key resource in a challenging job market. Here are some tips to get the most of these opportunities:
- RSVP for these presentations in your NYU CareerNet account
by clicking on "Events" and then "Information Sessions."
- Do your research: Research the companies presenting
so that you can engage them in conversation and make yourself memorable.
- Dress to impress:
Want to get your foot in the door of a company? Make sure it’s in business
- Arrive promptly: Fashionably late does not
apply at the Wasserman Center. Double-check dates and times of events by
checking “Events” and then “Info Sessions” in
your NYU CareerNet account
- Make connections: Be one of the students who makes
the connection! Get a business card so that you can begin cultivating
a relationship with someone from the company.
- Give your pitch: While talking to an employer,
present yourself as if you are on an interview. Be professional
and incorporate your skills and experiences into the conversation,
and ask the employer relevant questions.
- Follow up: The Wasserman Center cannot give out recruiter information, so make sure you hang on to the business card you received at the event and keep it in a safe place.
If you still feel unsure about what to do during Employer Presentations, we encourage you to meet with a career counselor to discuss in further detail. You can do so by calling 212-998-4730.
Please consult NYU InterviewNet for information about on campus interview dates and job descriptions. Read the following presentation information carefully. Dates, times, and locations are subject to change. If you have questions about any of the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scheduled Employer Presentations:There are no upcoming presentations to display.