Navigating NYU CareerNet
NYU CareerNet is an online job search database and career development tool available to all degree students in undergraduate, non-law/non-MBA graduate programs, and recent alumni.
Accessing NYU CareerNet
- Log in at www.nyu.edu/careerdevelopment
- Most NYU students already have an NYU CareerNet account. To verify your account, please return to the homepage, and in the NYU CareerNet student login box click "Forgot username or password." Enter your username (NetID@nyu.edu), and your password will be sent to this email address.
Updating Profile information:
- Access the 'Profile' tab on the toolbar
- Sign the electronic honor code
- Fill out Personal and Academic information, which may impact your ability to apply to different jobs
- Always be up-to-date, truthful and accurate with your profile information
- Don't forget to click 'Save' within tabs
- Select 'Documents' tab from toolbar
- You can store up to 20 documents. Click '+ Add New' button
- Label your document and select the corresponding document type (resume, cover letter, unofficial transcript). **Keep in mind that the employer can see the title of your document**
- Remember, all documents must be uploaded in .doc format
- Select 'Submit'
- To upload an unofficial transcript, copy and paste information from Albert into a word document and upload it as you would any other document
Applying to Jobs:
- Select 'Jobs' from the toolbar, followed by 'NYU CareerNet/NYU InterviewNet Jobs'
- Select the type of jobs you are looking for from the corresponding drop-down menus
- Add any 'Keywords' you would like and click 'Search'
- Click on 'Job Title' & 'Apply' button
- Select documents from corresponding drop down menus and click 'Submit'
RSVP for Events:
- Select 'Events' from toolbar
- Select 'Info Sessions' for Employer Presentations, 'Career Fairs' or 'Seminars'
- Select a date range or type a seminar/employer name in 'Keywords'
- Click 'RSVP' button
Scheduling Counseling Appointment:
- Under 'Shortcuts', select 'Request a Counseling Appointment'
- Complete the 'Scheduling Criteria'
- Click 'Submit Request'
- You will receive an email confirming your request was received followed by a confirmation of your scheduled appointment
Making Use of the Homepage:
- 'Candid Career' - Link to informative career videos directly from industry professionals
- InterviewStream - Record and review practice interviews via computer webcam
- iNet - Internship listing shared by 11 selective universities including NYU, Duke, & GW
- Going Global - Access international job search resources
- Vault Career Insider - Access dozens of career and industry guides