Working with Wasserman: For RAs
CONNECTING YOUR RESIDENTS WITH NYU WASSERMAN
One of the reasons NYU Wasserman's Peers in Careers (Peers) program was established is to build relationships with students living on campus. The Peers can drop off flyers and resources for your residents as well as present to residents about career-related topics. See also "Important NYU Wasserman Resources below."
PROGRAMS WE OFFER IN THE RESIDENCE HALLS
Our Peers can present on the following topics: Wasserman Orientation, Resume and/or Cover Letter writing, Interviewing. Additional presentation topics will be considered but will require more advanced notice and will depend on the availability of our Peers.
PLANNING A PROGRAM WITH WASSERMAN
If you are interested in having a Peer present in your residence hall, please do the following:
1. Email us at Peers.in.Careers@nyu.edu. Include the proposed topic, a profile of the residents on your floor (class year, major), and 2-3 dates and times for the program. While we will do our best to accommodate last minute requests, it is helpful to have at least 3 weeks notice for planning purposes.
2. Market the event and collect RSVPs. Typically, we ask that at least 10 residents commit to attend the event. Consider partnering with other RA’s, allowing non-residents to attend, and utilizing all marketing channels to increase attendance.
IMPORTANT NYU WASSERMAN RESOURCES
Here are some tips to stay updated on all that NYU Wasserman has to offer:
1. Sign up for your class listserv and get weekly emails about events/resources. Send a blank email from your NYU account to Join-Career-20XX@lists.nyu.edu (replace XX with your class year).
2. Log-in to NYU CareerNet. Here you can view and RSVP for events like Career Fairs, Employer Info Sessions, and Job Search seminars. You can also…
3. Schedule a Counseling Appointment (via NYU CareerNet). Meet one on one with a counselor to discuss topics such as choosing a major, exploring career options, applying for part-time jobs, the internship search and full-time employment. A counselor can help you prepare your resume and cover letter as well as prepare for interviews.
Email staff at Peers.in.Careers@nyu.edu