Resources for International Students
Communication Skills and Language Guide
COMMUNICATION SKILLS TRAINING FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS
- English Conversation Groups for NYU graduate students
- A Christian volunteer network in partnership with International Students, Inc. and NYU's Center for Spiritual Life. English Connections uses a code of ethics and will always be clear about the group content. Meets at various times and locations.
- The New International Center
- English in Action at The English-Speaking Union of the U.S.
- The Internet TESL Journal's TESL/TEFL/TESOL/ESL/EFL/ESOL Links/
- Toastmasters International
- The WANY Project
- Provided by the Major's Office of Immigrant Affairs, the WANY (We Are New York) Project is designed to help adult immigrants practice speaking English.
GRAMMAR AND PRONOUNCIATION RESOURCES
- NYU Writing Center
- HowJSay.com: A free, online talking dictionary of English pronunciation; helpful for interview preparation
- Writing for a North American Business Audience
- English4Today.com: Quick grammar guides with quizzes.
- VisuWords.com: A visual dictionary/thesaurus; helpful for using a more varied vocabulary when writing resumes and cover letters.
- Livemocha.com: As the world's largest online language learning community, Livemocha fuses traditional learning methods with online practice and interaction with native language speakers from around the world.
- The Internet TESL Journal's Links