The Wasserman Center Diversity Career Programs
Through our Diversity Career Programs, the NYU Wasserman Center for Career Development (The Center) successfully assists students from diverse backgrounds to plan their careers, develop marketable skills and secure employment opportunities with organizations that appreciate and value individual differences.
At The Center, we have developed strong relationships with NYU's multicultural academic and student life departments as well as diversity student clubs. These relationships have played an important role in connecting qualified historically underrepresented groups of students with existing job opportunities.
We are committed to helping organizations that promote diversity in the workplace and seek candidates with varying types of backgrounds,experiences and perspectives.
The Center can assist your organization to ...
- Achieve a sustained competitive business advantage
- Enhance your organization's responsiveness to an increasingly diverse world of customers
- Maximize the potential of all employees while acknowledging their contributions and differences
- Increase staff retention and productivity
- Expand your organization's creatitvity, perspective and ideas
- Foster innovation, performance and respect
- Prevent discrimination and promote inclusiveness in the workplace
- Improve relationships with the community
Take Advantage of the Many Diversity Recruitment Services The Center Can Provide ...
Our team can work with employers to customize company presentations and recruitment initiatives targeting our diverse talent. We work strategically with student groups and departments to ensure that your on-campus interviews, information sessions and job opportunities are filled with qualified and diverse NYU students.
Connections to the NYU Community
Through our strong partnerships with diversity based clubs, students and departments at NYU, we can successfully market your job opportunities using a variety of outreach methods that effectively target our diverse students and meet your recruitment needs.
Diversity Student Advisory Board
In order to reach your goals we have established the Diversity Student Advisory Board, which consists of students from historically underrepresented groups. Partnering with this group will give you access to the various leadership organizations and clubs to which these students belong. We hold monthly lunch meetings with the Diversity Student Advisory Board, where we discuss programs and events that students feel are most beneficial to historically underrepresented students at NYU. The Wasserman Center is also in the process of collaborating with the Diversity Student Advisory Board to set up Site Visits, Mock-Interviews, and other career development-related seminars in partnership with our employers. If you have interest in becoming actively involved with the Diversity Student Advisory Board please contact us via the information at the bottom of this page.
NYU Diversity Internship & Career Preparation (The D.I.C.P. Program)
Co-sponsored by The Wasserman Center and The Center for Multicultural Education and Programs. This program introduces NYU students to career options, develops career potential and marketable professional skills.
- The D.I.C.P. Program includes a rigorous internship training program designed to prepare historically underrepresented groups of students for productive and successful internship experiences in today's demanding workplace. Employers may participate in D.I.C.P. in the Fall-early Spring semester by offering a career development workshop, hosting a site visit to your place of business, or conducting a one-on-one mock interview/group information session for these students. To get your company involved in this program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The D.I.C.P. Program Resume Book
Employers can receive resumes of D.I.C.P. candidates that have completed program requirements and are ready to apply their interests and skills to a summer internship. These resume books are available to employers in February. To receive a FREE electronic copy of D.I.C.P students' resumes, please send an email request to email@example.com with the following information:
- Organization name
- Type of Industry
- Contact name
- City, State, Zip Code
Diversity Employer Spotlight
Throughout the year The Wasserman Center will highlight various employers who have expressed a serious commitment to diversity. If you would like to have your organization included in our Diversity Employer Spotlight please send your employer profile and explain why your organization cares about diversity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity Email Listserv
A specialized email listserv for current NYU students interested in receiving information about diversity related programs, events and employment opportunities. This listserv enables The Center to reach NYU's diverse student body quickly with information about a variety of diversity events and job opportunities.
Diversity Resume Book
In an effort to promote our multicultural students, The Wasserman Center compiles resume books each graduating class. The Diversity Resume Book is available in electronic format. Request a resume book.
For information on our
diversity career programs, please contact: