New York University CareerNet
The NACElink Network is a new collaboration,
bringing together the best of the National
Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE),
DirectEmployers Association, and Symplicity
Corporation, an advanced technology provider
for higher education and government.
These changes mean that NYU CareerNet and NYU InterviewNet will offer enhanced functionality, including a faster, easier-to-navigate interface.
We hope you will find these exciting changes facilitate your job and internship search, and make it easier for you to connect to The Wasserman Center for Career Development and our affiliated employers.
Please Read our NYU CareerNet User
Fraudulent Job Postings
NACE Position Statement on U.S. Internships
important message about on-line social
- Please note regarding paid and unpaid internships that we always advocate for paid opportunities for our students. However, certain industries, including non-profit, arts and entertainment, traditionally do not provide formal compensation to interns.
- When applying for jobs online, be sure to send a complete COVER LETTER (approximately 3-4 paragraphs) along with your resume. Employers have reported that they will not consider resumes without cover letters.
- (NOTE: Cover letters are NOT required for InterviewNet resume submissions unless otherwise stated in the job listing.)
- Document Formatting: Make sure that when you upload your resume and cover letter you are uploading a Word document. If it is a pdf then the system is unable to convert it and documents often come up blank in the system.
- Before you begin your job search, make sure to review the Resume Basics Checklist
"My experience with NYU CareerNet has been a very rewarding one. I found my first office job at NYU's Student Health Center on NYU CareerNet, and my responsibilities there prepared me for future roles with a variety of employers. Even better, I found my first full-time job out of school at the American Museum of Natural History, thanks to a listing on NYU CareerNet!
As a result of these stepping stones, my career has provided me with more opportunities and greater impact than I could have ever hoped for. NYU CareerNet is a testament to the Wasserman Center's ability to provide a huge number of job opportunities for NYU students and alumni that we wouldn't have known or access to otherwise."
- Kaity, Alumnus, CAS