• CANS Hotline: 1-855-656-2267
• Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel: 1-212-581-1000
• Rubin Museum of Art: 1-212-620-5000
• Emergencies (police, fire or ambulance): 911
• NYC Government agencies (non-emergency) 311 or 1-212-639-9675
• Multilingual visitor information counselors: 1-212-484-1222
WiFi Network: nyuguest
WiFi username: guest1
WiFi Password: thunovat
As an alternative, if your home institution supports eduroam you can use the eduroam ssid.
All CANS 2014 attendees will be given a NYC metro card that can be used for subways and buses (NYC subway map inserted separately in welcome bag).
Due to the amount of early morning traffic in the area of the Sheraton Hotel and NYU, there will be CANS 2014 ambassadors stationed at the Sheraton on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings to escort groups of attendees to NYU via subway (D or E subway line).
A private bus will be available for transportation to the Sheraton on Monday night, to the Rubin Museum and Sheraton on Tuesday night as well as back to the hotel on Wednesday afternoon.
For more information on NYC and what to see or do, NYC tourist books have been given to all attendees in their welcome bag. Enjoy!
• Kimmel Center at NYU: 60 Washington Square South, NY, NY 10012
• Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel: 811 7th Ave., NY, NY 10019
• Rubin Museum of Art: 150 West 17th Street, NY, NY 10011
Eastern Standard Time, New York City’s time zone, is 12 hours behind Beijing Time.
Throughout New York City, smoking is prohibited in all public areas including subway stations, taxis, restaurants and bars.
If you happen to lose something or find something you think somebody left behind, please visit the CANS Headquarters in Room 406 or the Colloquium Room Lobby, both in the Kimmel Center.