- How are refunds generated?
- Why was my refund listed as a charge on my Statement of Account?
- The bank told me they sent my loan money to NYU, where is my refund?
- I received my refund check but it was not for the amount I expected. Why?
- I was told that my refund check has already been sent but I still have not received it, how can I get a replacement?
- I just got my refund check and I really don't need it. I would like to send it back to the lender. What do I do?
How are refunds generated?
If a credit balance on your account is due to the receipt of loan funds, and if you meet all of the eligibility requirements for the loan, a refund check will be mailed automatically. If you drop a course through ALBERT - Student Information System, you should contact the Bursar's office (212) 998-2806 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Why was my refund listed as a charge on my Statement of Account?
A: When a refund is issued, it will appear on your Statement in the Debit column as "Refund to Student." This is not a charge but a refund of the credit on your account.
The bank told me they sent my loan money to NYU, where is my refund?
Our Automated Refund System generally produces a refund check within five business days after we receive the money. There are instances when the refund is delayed due to the following reasons:
- Your Financial aid package was based on your being registered for more points than you are currently taking.
- You received a payment from a third party or you have tuition remission which the Financial Aid office was not aware of when they packaged your aid.
Note: For any of the above reasons, we must send a memo to the Financial Aid office so that they can review your budget and whatever adjustments may be necessary.
- You are not registered for at least 6 points and there is no equivalency on the system (either HT or FM). You must either register for additional points or have your department enter the appropriate equivalency.
I received my refund check but it was not for the amount I expected. Why?
Your refund check was less than what you expected due to any of the following reasons:
- Your loans and/or scholarship were reduced by the Financial Aid office after a review of your account.
- Additional fees were assessed on your account.
- You are registered for more courses than you realize. Or you dropped a course after the refund was already processed.
I was told that my refund check has already been sent but I still have not received it, how can I get a replacement?
You must send a letter stating that you have not received the check and that you wish us to place a stop on the check and issue a replacement. After we receive this letter, it takes approximately 7 to 14 days before a new check can be issued. If you have a change of address, please update on university system through Albert by accessing NYUHome.
I just got my refund check and I really don't need it. I would like to send it back to the lender. What do I do?
You can return the refund check to us along with a completed Request to Return Loan Funds letter. This letter is required by your lender so that they can properly apply the funds to your outstanding loan.