Steps to Initiate a Student Payment
Step 1: Initiate your payment "online"
- Click here to be redirected to New York University’s International Payment Portal
- Enter your student details
- NYU ID # (begins with the letter "N")
- Date of Birth
- NYU email address
- Phone number
- Select Payment Service:
- NYU Student Payment (*use this option to pay your Bursar bill and/or $500 dollar Summer Housing deposit)
- Or select the: NYU Housing Reservation Fee (*use this option to pay your $1,000 dollar Fall Housing Reservation fee)
- Enter the amount due in US Dollars.
- Choose the currency in the bank account from which you intend to pay your bill. (e.g. Euro, British Pound, Japanese Yen etc) If your currency is not listed, you may select US Dollars.
- A payment amount in your currency of choice will automatically be generated. This quote is secured for 72 hours.
- Agree to the payment amount and accept the terms and conditions.
- Download payment instructions, including a reference number, as a PDF document. You will need the reference number to complete your payment in Step 2.
Step 2: Transfer funds to Western Union
- Present the PDF document to your local bank to process a regular wire transfer transaction to the bank account listed on the PDF document. Inform your local bank that the bank account listed on the PDF is a bank owned by Western Union Business Solutions and funds are not to be sent via Western Union money transfer or to a Western Union Payment branch.
- If your local bank is requires assistance regarding this payment process, they may call Western Union Business Solutions at (877) 218-8829.
Step 3: Western Union does the rest!
- Using your reference number, Western Union will transfer your payment to New York University and the Office of the Bursar will post the payment to your student account.
- It usually takes two to three business days after your bank initiates payment to Western Union before your NYU student account is updated. You can monitor your student account for the payment by logging into eSuite.
*If your currency is not listed, you may select US Dollars. If you have questions, please contact the Office of the Bursar at 212-998-2806.