Annual Percentage Rate:
Initial Grace Period
|Post Deferment Grace Period||None|
|Repayment Period||10 Years|
- You must enter a residency training program in family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, combined/pediatrics, preventative medicing or osteopathic general practice.
- You must complete your residency program within four years of graduation.
- You must practice in primary care until your loan is paid in full.
- If you do not comply with the service obligations, the outstanding balance of your loan will be calculated at an annual percentage rate of 18%. You must complete the Post-residency Certification Form for Primary Care Loan Recipients, and submit it to the Loan Servicing Office on an annual basis.
(Please refer to your promissory note for detailed information)
- Eligible primary care health care residency program (maximum deferment is 4 years)
- Peace Corp Volunteer (maximum deferment is 3 years)
- Full-time active duty in the uniform services practicing in an eligible primary health care activity (maximum deferement is 3 years)
- Periods of advanced professional training in primary health care