REGISTERING FOR CLASSES-Fall 2015 Entering First Year Students
Welcome to NYU!
Registration for Core Program first year students goes live Thursday, June 4. Your registration eligibility will not be activated before that date. Please check your specific registration appointment time in the Albert Student Center found here. Please complete the following checklist well before the registration date so you are prepared for registration.
1) Activate your NetID before May 22: http://start.nyu.edu.
- If you encounter problems, please contact ITS Client Services at (212) 998-3333
2) Review the Albert Guide before June 1:
3) Mark your calendars for the Core Program Registration Webinars:
These sessions will review the nuts and bolts of registering for classes at NYU and answer some common questions for new students. Students will have the opportunity to ask Academic Advising and Student Affairs questions live!
Core Program Registration Webinars:
- Tuesday, May 26th 6:30PM-7:30PM Eastern Time OR
- Tuesday, June 2nd 9:00AM-10:00AM Eastern Time
Pre-Health Supplementary Webinar:
- Thursday, May 28th 7:00PM-8:00PM Eastern Time.
(Students are encouraged to also view a Core Program Registration Webinar)
First Year Away (FYA) students should refer to their Global Liberal Studies email newsletters for more information and should NOT register for these webinars.
4) Before June 4, using Albert Course Search, draft a schedule of the four classes you plan to take in the fall semester:
___ Writing I, WRI-UF 101 (Required)
___ Cultural Foundations I, CFI-UF 101 (Required)
___ Social Foundations I, SFI-UF 101 (Required)
___ AND a fourth class, identified by reviewing the Registration Handbook. For additional assistance, consult with your academic advisor.
- The 3 Core Program required classes are found under Liberal Studies
- You will find your 4th class listed under the College of Arts and Science, Liberal Studies, or another heading
- Some lectures in the College of Arts and Science may have an associated recitation (RCT). You are required to register for the recitation in addition to the lecture
- Liberal Studies Classes have no waitlists
5) Search and register for your 4 classes.
- Registration is through your NYUHome account. Log into your account at: http://www.home.nyu.edu
- Follow our guidance provided in the on-line Albert guide to search and register for classes on June 4 or as soon as possible thereafter.
6) Confirm your selections by viewing your class schedule in Albert:
- Click on the “My Class Schedule” tab under the “Enroll” tab in order to view your schedule
- You will see your classes in a list format, and you can click on “Weekly Calendar View” to see your classes in chronological order for any given week
- Remember the first week of class will not include your Monday or Tuesday courses because classes begin on Wednesday, September 2nd and there are no classes on Labor Day.