#ICYMI: May 29 - June 11, 2020 (Text Only)
Messages of support from President Andrew Hamilton and Dr. Lisa Coleman, resources to learn more about anti-racism, and more.
In these challenging and uncertain times, our hearts are with the NYU community and the world, particularly our Black alumni and allies on the front lines advocating for justice.
- These last two weeks have featured messages of support from NYU President Andrew Hamilton: Read More
- And Senior Vice President of Global Inclusion, Diversity, and Strategic Innovation Dr. Lisa Coleman: Read More
- This past week also included a panel entitled Blackness, Racism & Protest: Reflections on the Past, Present & Future, which addressed the urgent and current moment of anti-Black racism in the US, and globally. Read More
- To continue education on anti-racism, the Office of Global Inclusion, Diversity, and Strategic Innovation has put together a list of resources, including articles, videos, podcasts, books, and guides about histories of racism and oppression primarily in the United States. Read More
- For further reference, here are recordings of two NYU alumni-hosted webinars that discuss the importance of diversity in education and how mass incarceration has harmed the United States. Watch Dr. Coleman. Watch Dr. James.