Torchbearers is a group of alumni volunteers who assist NYU’s Office of Undergraduate Admissions in recruiting superior undergraduate students. Each year, admissions counselors travel across the United States and the world to recruit new students, but we can't be everywhere. Therefore we need the help of knowledgeable and enthusiastic alumni.
As alumni, you have a unique and important perspective on the NYU experience and the value of the NYU degree. Your stories—about the academic experience, about living and learning in New York City and throughout the global network university, about the relationships you built with faculty and peers—bring the NYU experience to light in a way that nothing else can.
We need alumni volunteers to participate in a range of activities including:
- Contact local students who have been admitted to NYU to provide your positive perspective on the University
- Represent NYU at college fairs in your region
- Assist in hosting , mingling, and speaking to students and families at regional information sessions hosted by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions
- Attend on-campus events for admitted students
How to Sign Up
Thank you for volunteering to be a Torchbearer. You're just four short steps away from getting started on recruiting our "alumni in training:"
- Complete the Torchbearers signup form.
- Get Trained: Complete a short training session (in person, via phone, or webinar) which will introduce you to the recruitment efforts of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and allow you to ask questions and share comments.
- Pass the Torch: After training, we'll send you a handbook and connect you with the local admissions representative for your region. This individual will be your primary contact and send you regular updates about volunteer opportunities in your region.