Regarding a second bachelor’s degree in nursing, what are my options?
We have two: A 15-Month Accelerated Program in which you complete your prerequisite coursework prior to your first term at NYU (see below for required courses); and a Non-Accelerated Program, which allows you to complete all or some of your prerequisite courses during your first semester at NYU.
What prerequisites are required for the 15-month program?
If you haven’t completed the following courses, then you may apply for our non-accelerated program:
- General chemistry I with lab
- Anatomy and physiology I or anatomy
- Anatomy and physiology II or physiology
- Developmental/lifespan psychology (Note: Introduction to Psychology, General Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Educational Psychology, and Social Psychology do not satisfy this requirement)
I’m interested in a second bachelor’s degree. How do I apply?
For nursing and engineering applicants, don’t fill out the Common Application.That’s for first year and transfer applicants. Instead, use our separate online application. Once there, you’ll be asked for the following:
- Non-refundable application fee of $80
- Personal information
- Academic history
- Prerequisite worksheet (nursing only)
- Personal statement (250-500 words)
- Professional or academic letter of recommendation (optional for nursing)
Official transcripts and the letter of recommendation can be sent to:
NYU Office of Undergraduate Admissions
383 Lafayette Street
New York, NY 10003
Note: If the name on any of your transcripts is different from the name on your application, email proof of name change documentation to email@example.com. Please indicate "Name Change Documentation" on the cover sheet and include your current name and NYU ID number, which you’ll receive after you submit your application.
I’m an international student. What do I need to know?
If you completed your first bachelor’s degree in a country other than the United States, submit an original transcript, as well as transcript evaluations from one of the following services: Globe, WES, or ECE.
What are the deadlines for applying?
- Fall Priority: March 1
- Fall: April 1
- Spring Priority: September 15 (nursing), October 1 (engineering)
- Spring: October 15 (nursing), November 1 (engineering)