If you were once formally enrolled at NYU, we’re glad you decided to come back. Here’s what you need to know to apply as a readmission applicant:
To apply, don’t use the Common Application. Instead, follow these steps:
- Log into NYUAlbert;
- Click "Application Center";
- Locate the "Undergraduate Application for Readmission" line and click "create"; then
- Follow the on-screen instructions and submit the form. You’ll receive a confirmation email.
Depending on when you want to return to NYU, here are the application deadlines:
- Fall: August 1
- Spring: December 1
- Summer: April 1
Note: If you’re unable to log into NYUAlbert, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Here are a few other things to consider:
- If you’re currently on a leave of absence for the semester from NYU, talk with your academic adviser before submitting a new application.
- If you completed coursework elsewhere since attending NYU, then apply as a transfer student.
- If you’re an international student, try to complete the application process one to two months in advance of the deadlines to give you time to secure the appropriate visa for re-entry into the United States.