Students must meet all of the following requirements to be considered for Science Technology Entry Program (STEP) or the Building Excellence in Science and Technology Program (BEST) admissions:
- Be a New York State resident
- Have an 80 average in Math, Science, and English
- Identify as African American, Latino, Native American, and Alaskan American. Students who identify as White or Asian must meet state-determined economic criteria listed on the eligibility section of the website
- Be a middle or high school student in the 7th - 12th grade
- All eligible BEST students must attend a District 13 school located in Brooklyn. Please see the main page of the website with the details for the BEST program.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the NYU STEP/BEST program. The Fall 2017/Spring 2018 Application is now closed. If you are interested in applying to the program in the future—we will begin accepting applications in February for our summer program.
- Academic Year Fees: $200
- Summer Program Fees, includes lunch and a metro card: $350
- Waivers are available for financially eligible students. Once accepted, all students will receive detailed information regarding waivers and how to submit a request for consideration