Steps for All NYU Applicants
Whether you’re from Massachusetts, Manchester, or Mumbai, a first-year student or a transfer, there are a few key things you need to do (by the deadlines listed below) to apply to NYU:
- Complete the Common Application
- Submit your Common Application School Report (for first-year applicants) and transcripts
- Submit your appropriate standardized testing
- Submit one teacher or instructor evaluation
- Complete our Artistic Requirements (if applying to the Steinhardt School or Tisch School of the Arts)
Please note that if you are applying to one of the programs listed below, do not complete the Common Application. Visit the links for application instructions:
- Dental hygiene program
- Second bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Second bachelor’s degree at the Tandon School of Engineering
- Early Decision I - November 1
- Early Decision II - January 1
- Regular Decision - January 1
Additional Steps, Info, and Requirements
Requirements such as standardized testing and English language testing vary for different applicants. Review information specific to you to find out about special requirements or steps you need to take:
- The review process. Admissions officers personally review every application. There are no formulas to making admissions decisions; NYU seeks a mix of students who have a variety of interests, talents, and goals. There is also no maximum number of students we can admit.
- Checking your application status. Within three weeks of the application deadline, NYU will let you know that we have received your application and give you information about how to track your status.
- Missing Materials. NYU offers a (limited) window to submit anything that might be missing from your application.
- Original Documents. Please submit only documents or copies that you can replace because NYU does not return application documents.
- Equal Opportunity. NYU prohibits any form of discrimination in our admission process. Review our non-discrimination and affirmative action policies.
- Invited visits to Abu Dhabi and Shanghai campuses. If NYU is strongly considering you for NYU Abu Dhabi and/or NYU Shanghai, we may invite you to meet with students, faculty, and administrators on campus. Please note that you cannot request an invitation to these special visits.
- Interviews. NYU occasionally invites candidates to interview with us online (not on campus). NYU will contact you if you are invited. Applicants cannot request interviews.
- Supplementary materials. Please only send supplementary materials (DVDs, pictures, articles, etc.) If you are applying to a program that requires an audition or portfolio.
- Applicants with a previous criminal conviction. Please review our admission philosophy and process.