An emotional look at what getting into NYU really means to our students.
Having trouble viewing this video? Click here.
Spring 2016 Updates: NYU is Moving Up the Ranks of Top Universities
We want to see your students’ faces light up too. Below you’ll learn about our admission process, as well as changes and events we have planned for 2016. But first, here is a look back at a few highlights from what was a remarkable 2015:
- NYU came in at no. 30 on the Times Higher Education World University rankings, up from 60 only five years earlier.
- Gallatin grad Zachary Fine and NYU Abu Dhabi senior Farah Shamout each won 2016 Rhodes Scholarships.
- The Steinhardt community received four Grammy nods, and Tisch alumni won six Golden Globe Awards.
- We launched the Leslie eLab, a facility where aspiring NYU entrepreneurs collaborate and tap into a vast array of resources to help develop their ideas and inventions.
- Andrew Hamilton was named our 16th president. We warmly welcome Andy and his wife, Jennie, to the NYU family!
Keep Up-to-Date: Application Info, Open House, etc.
Applying to NYU
From deadlines to submitting documents and portfolios to scheduling interviews and auditions, our How to Apply page has all the information about NYU's application process.
Note that supporting documents not submitted through the Common Application can be sent here:
New York University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
383 Lafayette Street
New York, NY 10003
Writing and Essay Tests Not Required
NYU, which has one of the most flexible testing policies of any college or university, will no longer require the ACT Writing Test and we will not require the SAT Essay Test when it becomes available in March.
Learn More About NYU at Open House
Every year, we host a Counselor Open House, where you can learn more about the different schools and colleges at NYU, and gain a unique perspective on academic offerings and student life. Information and registration will be released in early 2017.
We'll Come to You
Not in the area? Not a problem. Attend an off-campus counselor event to learn about academics and student life at NYU's campuses in New York, Abu Dhabi, and Shanghai. Dates and locations for Fall 2016 are coming soon.
Faculty Bring Expertise to Residence Halls
NYU’s Faculty Fellow in Residence pairs faculty members with residence halls to create educational, cultural, and social programs and experiences, giving our on-campus students a “small college” feel within the larger NYU community.