Follow these steps to apply as a transfer student to NYU.
Step 1: Start and Complete the Common Application Online
- Contact information for a professor or instructor who taught you at the college/university level and will complete your Instructor Evaluation.
- Contact information for your adviser or a school official who will submit The College Report. This report verifies your previous or current enrollment at a college or university.
- Contact information for a counselor or school official at the secondary/high school you attended who will complete your Common Application Final Report and submit your secondary/high school transcript. Please note that your transcript (or General Education Diploma) is required regardless of when you graduated, unless you received an associate’s degree or higher.
- Nonrefundable $70.00 application fee.
>> Are you ready? Start the application now
Step 2: Gather and Submit Necessary Documents
- Official score reports that meet NYU’s standardized testing requirements.
- English language testing if English is not your native language.
- Official college/university transcripts from all institutions you have attended. Have the registrar send them to NYU.
- A letter of recommendation from your previous guidance counselor if you have been enrolled in a college or university for less than one year. This is preferred, but not required.
Step 3: Review and Complete Any Additional Program Requirements