There is no separate application for NYU’s Opportunity Programs. To apply for undergraduate admission to NYU and for consideration for the Opportunity Programs, complete the steps as outlined on the Office of Undergraduate Admissions website. Here is a general overview of that process:
- Fill out a Common Application online, which includes a Writing Supplement. You will be asked, on the Common Application, if you would like NYU to consider you for HEOP. This will not guarantee that your application will be selected.
- Send an official high school transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions
- Register early in your senior year for the SAT or ACT and/or SAT Subject Test and have scores sent to NYU’s Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Should you choose to sit for the AP Exams, they must be taken prior to the senior year. All freshmen applicants must submit standardized test scores. To read more about the options, click here.
- High School Report/Counselor Recommendation Form.
- Teacher Evaluation Form.
- Personal Statements/Essay.
- You will need to complete the following forms by the deadlines listed below for financial aid awarded at NYU.
You must apply for the 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). We advise that you apply online. Click here to begin and submit the FAFSA and TAP applications. Alternatively, you may mail the completed form, which may be obtained through your high school or by calling 1-800-4-FED-AID. Make sure NYU’s School code (002785) appears on the application and be sure to confirm that your Social Security number is written correctly.
Our FAFSA deadline is: February 15th
You must also submit the CSS/Financial Aid Profile. When filling out the CSS/Financial Aid Profile, students with divorced, separated, or unmarried parents will need to have that parent submit a Noncustodial Parent (NCP) form detailing his or her information. If you don’t have contact with that parent then you must fill out an NCP waiver request through the NYU Financial Aid Office. Click here to begin and submit the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE.
CSS/FINANCIAL AID PROFILE deadlines:
Early Decision I: November 15th
Early Decision II: January 15th
Regular Decision: February 15th
NONCUSTODIAL PROFILE or NCP WAIVER REQUEST deadlines:
Early Decision I: November 20th
Early Decision II: January 20th
Regular Decision: February 20th
8. Potentially qualified applicants are invited for an Opportunity Programs information session and eligibility interview, and will be asked at that time to submit all supplemental materials (income verification and copies of financial aid forms filed, e.g. FAFSA, TAP).