All freshman candidates for undergraduate admission must submit the following:
- The Common Application, NYU Supplement, and nonrefundable $70.00 application fee
- Official score reports to meet our standardized testing requirements
- The Common Application School Report and official high school transcript
- One Teacher Evaluation (at least one, but no more than two)
- Official transcripts of all college work for which academic credit has been earned
- The Common Application Mid Year Report with updated transcript, showing first semester senior year grades, by March 1
- The Common Application Final Report with final transcript, showing proof of graduation, by July 1 (admitted students only)
Some programs have additional requirements beyond those listed above. Make sure to refer to the Additional Program Requirements section in these instructions.
Please be certain to use your legal name exactly as it appears on your passport or birth certificate on all NYU applications and related documents and correspondence.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
Freshmen are considered for fall (September) entry only.
Early Decision: November 1
Early Decision II: January 1
Regular Decision: January 1
Financial Aid Deadlines:
Early Decision: November 15
Early Decision II: January 15
Regular Decision: February 15
We will notify you of our admission decision by the following dates:
Early Decision: December 15
Early Decision II: February 15
Regular Decision: April 1
Admitted students must accept or decline their offers of admission by the following dates:
Early Decision: January 15
Early Decision II: March 15
Regular Decision: May 1
All documents submitted for review must be originals or copies certified by authorized persons. A "certified" copy is one that bears either an original signature of the registrar or other designated school official or an original impression of the institution's seal. If any official documents are in a foreign language, they must be accompanied by an official English translation from an accredited translation agency.