Students seeking their Second Bachelor's Degrees in Nursing must use this application form. If you are seeking admission to NYU's College of Nursing in pursuit of your first bachelor's degree, please follow the instructions outlined for Freshman or Transfer Applicants in the "Apply" section of the website.
The application for the Second Bachelor's Degree in Nursing asks for the following information:
- Personal Information. You will be asked to provide identifying background and demographic information.
- Academics. You will be asked to provide us with a complete overview of your educational history, the institution from which you recieved your first bachelor's degree, and all other colleges or universities you have attended, or are attending. Please mail official transcripts from all colleges and universities to:
NYU Office of Undergraduate Admissions
665 Broadway, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10012
Note for International Students: If you completed your first Bachelor’s degree in a country other than the United States, you must submit an original transcript, as well as transcript evaluations from one of the following services: Globe, WES, or ECE.
Note on Name Change: If the name on any of your transcripts is different from the name on your application, please fax proof of name change documentation to 212-995-4911. Please indicate "Name Change Documentation" on the cover sheet, and include your current name and NYU ID number, which you will receive after your application form has been submitted.
- The Supplement. The supplement includes three parts:
- Part I: The Prerequisite Worksheet. 15-Month Accelerated Applicants should fill out this form in its entirety; Non-Accelerated Applicants should fill out this form to the best of their ability.
- Part II: Personal Statement. You will be asked to provide a statement of 250-500 words that addresses the following questions: What events led you to choose nursing as a career at this stage in your life? Why are you choosing to pursue this degree at NYU?
- Part III: Resume. You will be asked to submit an up-to-date resume.
- Submit. You will need to verify that all the information you have provided in the application is correct, and that you agree to the application terms before submitting.
- Application fee. The application fee is submitted online within the application for the Second Bachelor's in Nursing. You will be prompted to pay the fee before submitting your application. You can find more information about application fees, and fee waivers, here.
- Letter of recommendation. Please submit one letter of recommendation from a professional or academic reference to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions (address above).