- Give campus tours to prospective students and their families
- Answer questions on the Admissions Hotline
- Greet and assist visitors in the Welcome Center
- Welcome students and parents at Special Events (e.g. Open Houses)
- Assist in administrative work (including answering phones and light filing)
- You get paid! Starting rate is $9.00 an hour and you get a raise every year
- You can apply your work study; however, you are not required to have work study to be an ambassador
- Your position as an ambassador will not be compromised if you choose to go abroad. Your job will be waiting for you when you return.
- Although it is not a requirement, ambassadors are welcomed and encouraged to work during the summer. Pay will be at a higher rate during these summer months.
- You can work as many hours as we can accommodate for you within your availability, which is typically 5-10 hours per week. Ambassadors are required to be avaible for the following.
- A minimum of 2 hours a week in the Admissions Office
- Availability for at least one tour a week
- Availability for special events and some weekends (e.g. Open Houses, Admitted Student Welcome Days, etc.)
- We have many community development and community service opportunities in the ambassador program.
- We support each other in job and internship opportunities, go to one another’s shows and presentations, etc. Some highlights include:
- Ambassador Dances
- Our Mentor-Mentee program (featuring community-building events)
- Community service activities.
Yes. Once you become an official ambassador, you will receive ambassador t-shirts, the coveted track jacket, as well as other accessories displaying the ambassador name