Application is due October 16th at 11:59 pm.
Want to learn more about what it means to be an Ambassador? Attend an information session!
Sessions will be hosted on the following dates at the Jeffrey S. Gould Welcome Center (50 West 4th Street):
September 28th - 5:00 pm
October 3rd - 5:00 pm
October 5th - 5:00 pm
October 10th - 5:00 pm
October 12th - 5:00 pm
The time commitment to the program can vary between individuals. Ambassadors are compensated and wages rise according to seniority in the program. At minimum, Ambassadors are required to do the following:
- Attend training events (approximately once per month).
- Work at university recruitment events (at least two weekends per semester).
- Give at least one tour per week (tours last approximately an hour).
- Work a minimum of 5-10 hours per week.
The Standard Application
(Applicants must be current NYU Undergraduate first-years, sophomores, or juniors.)
The first phase of the Admissions Ambassador application is an online form, which requires the following:
- Student demographic information
- Activities & Involvement
- Two short answer questions
- A short video
Phase 2: AAA Group Interview
As part of the hiring process, select applicants will participate in a multi-session
group interview process, "Admissions Ambassador Academy" or AAA.
- Applicants will be assigned to a AAA section based on their submitted availability as a part of the online application.
- Each AAA session will explore different themes (campus resources, basic leadership, and public speaking) that will be directly relevant to the role of an Ambassador. We understand that you may not be perfect in these areas, but we want to see how well you respond and how you develop over the course of AAA.
Please note that attendance at ALL group interview sessions is required for serious consideration, but does not constitute as an offer or guarantee of an Ambassador position.
All phase 1 applicants will be notified of their application status by the end of October.