Ambassadors play a crucial role in the recruitment efforts of New York University's Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Through campus tours, special events, and conversations at the Welcome Center and over the phone, Ambassadors have unique contact with prospective students and their families. As one of the most trusted sources in the admissions process, Ambassadors provide prospective students with authentic representations of the undergraduate experience at NYU.
If you are interested in becoming an Admissions Ambassador but want to find out more about the program, please join us during our information sessions for more information!
- Location: Welcome Center (50 W Fourth St)
Wednesday September 16th 12:30 pm
Thursday September 24th 6:00 pm
Tuesday September 29th 6:00 pm
Wednesday September 30th 12:30 pm
Wednesday October 7th 12:30 pm
Wednesday October 7th 5:00 pm
Thursday October 8th 7:00 pm
- Location: Wunsch Building (311 Bridge St)
Tuesday September 22nd 4:00 pm
Thursday October 1st 4:00 pm
Applicants must be current NYU Undergraduate freshman, sophomores, or juniors.
The application is due October 14th, 2015 by midnight EST.
The first step toward applying to be an Admissions Ambassador is completing this online application, which requires the following:
- Ambassador Application
- Ambassador Application includes demographic information, resume, activities, a short answer question, and a short video. Click here to access the application!
AAA: Group Interview
As part of the hiring process, select applicants will participate in a two‐week
group interview process, "Admissions Ambassador Academy" or AAA.
- AAA sessions will take place
- Applicants will be assigned to an AAA section based on their submitted availability as a part of the online application.
- Sessions are held in either (4) 75-minute sessions or (2) 150-minute sessions
- AAA sessions will explore a different theme (campus resources, basic leadership, and public speaking) which will be directly relevant to the role of an Ambassador. We understand that you may not be perfect in these areas, but we want to see how well you respond and how you develop over the course of AAA
Please note that attendance at ALL group interview sessions is required for serious consideration, but does not constitute as an offer or guarantee of an Ambassador position.
All applicants will be notified if they are selected for the AAA group interview process.
The time commitment for the program varies from person to person. Ambassadors are compensated with an hourly wage of $9 per hour, and wages rise according to seniority in the program. At minimum, Ambassadors are required to do the following:
- Attend training events (approximately once per month).
- Work at university recruitment events (at least two weekends per semester).
- Give at least one tour per week (tours last approximately an hour).
- Work a minimum of two hours in the office or the Welcome Center. In total, the Ambassador commitment requires a minimum 5-8 hours of availability per week.