Ambassadors play a crucial role in the recruitment efforts of New York University's Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Through campus tours, special events, conversations at the Welcome Center and on the telephone, Ambassadors have unique contact with prospective students and their families. As one of the most trusted sources in the admissions process, Ambassadors provide prospective students with authentic representations of the undergraduate experience at NYU.
At minimum, Ambassadors are required to do the following:
- Attend training events (approximately once a month)
- Work at university recruitment events
- Give at least one tour per week (tours last around 1 hour)
- Work a minimum of two hours in the office answering phones or at the Welcome Center or Wunsch Building greeting guests
- Commit 5-10 hours per week for the program