Having trouble viewing this video on YouTube? Click here
Think of Weekend on the Square as basic training for NYU’s newest students — minus the yelling and pushups. This fun and informative signature event for admitted students takes place this year on April 16 and 17 and is packed with tours, discussions, and information sessions to prepare you for a successful four years at NYU. To help you get ready for the event, we answered some of your questions below:
RSVP for Weekend on the Square:
Registration will be available for all of our 2016 Admitted Student Events starting April 1. Once registration is available, follow the steps below to RSVP.
- Log on to your NYUAlbert account.
- Click the "Events" tab on the left-hand side.
- Your personal events calendar will show all of our upcoming admitted student events.
- Click on the event you wish to register to attend.
What Day Do I Attend?
Weekend on the Square takes place over a two-day weekend to accommodate as many admitted students and their families as possible. You, however, only need to be there for one day. The day you’ll attend — Saturday or Sunday — is based on your academic college/school. Find your college/school under the dates below. That’s when you’ll attend Weekend on the Square.
Note that the College of Arts and Science is hosting sessions on both days. So choose the date that best fits your schedule.
Saturday, April 16 2016:
- College of Arts and Science
- Rory Meyers College of Nursing
- School of Professional Studies
- Silver School of Social Work
- Tandon School of Engineering
- Tisch School of the Arts
Sunday, April 17 2016:
- College of Arts and Science
- Gallatin School of Individualized Study
- Liberal Studies: Core Program and Global Liberal Studies
- Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development
- Stern School of Business
If your school is offering two programs, they both have the same sessions and content, just in a different order to allow more families to participate. Choose either one.
What Happens During Weekend on the Square?
In short: Lots. Your day will include an academic information session with your dean, financial aid guidance, campus tour, residence hall open houses, and some interactive activities such as performers, a photo booth, and information on students groups.
Plan Your Day
Your day will start at your school session at the time indicated on your personalized events calendar in Albert. Throughout the day, we'll have activities happening around campus that you can explore on your own schedule. Students admitted to the Tandon School of Engineering will spend their day in Brooklyn with many of the same activities offered.
Ongoing throughout the day from 11am to 4 pm:
- Pop-Up Tent in Gould Plaza: Stop by the tent anytime between 11am and 4pm to pick up some NYU swag and refreshments. Throughout the day, we'll be featuring live performances by students and alumni.
- Student Life Lane: Chat with staff and current student representatives from different resource centers around campus and learn more about student life at NYU.
- Financial Aid Sessions: Meet one-on-one with a financial aid advisor to better understand your financial aid package.
- Residential Information Sessions: Learn more about Residential Life and Housing Services for students who plan to live on campus.
- Room Shows: Check out what it's like to live in a residence hall at NYU. Six first-year residence halls will be open for room shows and tours. You can tour one, or all six!
- Campus Tours: Take a 30-minute tour of NYU's main campus, led by an Admissions Ambassador. It's a great way to get to know your way around campus and hear from current students about their experience at NYU.
- Multicultural Reception: Engage in a conversation about how diversity shapes the academic, cultural, and social experience of NYU students.