On this page you’ll find important steps you need to take to view your financial aid award and confirm your enrollment. You’ll also learn how to complete other university business so you’re all set by the first day of classes.
Have your NetID and password handy (your NetID is in your offer of admission letter).
- Select the “Academics” tab
- Next, select “Applicant Login”
- Next, select “Accept/Decline Financial Aid”
- Finally, select “2017” to view your financial aid estimate and related award messages.
- Please read the award messages carefully.
Information about Scholarships and Grants:
- If you received a scholarship or grant we assume that you will want these awards and accept them on your behalf.
- Please review the criteria for renewing your scholarship each year.
- In order to maintain your scholarship you must adhere to future award deadlines and meeting satisfactory academic progress standards as found in the NYU Financial Aid Guide.
- NYU Scholarships renew at the same amount each year as long as the renewal criteria is met.
Information about Loans:
- Any loans you see in your package will be activated in mid-May when your award is finalized with all updated information. At that time you will be asked to accept your loans.
- We encourage you to become knowledgeable about responsibilities associated with any federal loans you pursue. This includes interest rates, repayment expectations and information about other options that may assist you in financing your education, such as payment plans.
Information about Tuition, Fees, Room and Board Costs:
While exact costs for 2016-2017 will not be available until late spring 2016, current academic year costs are available for your reference on the Office of Financial Aid website. Early Decision awards are based on the prior year cost of attendance. Direct expenses, like tuition and fees, can change from year to year, generally between 2% to 5%.
If you have any questions about your financial aid award, please contact the Office of Financial Aid directly at +1 212-998-4444 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Early Decision Students: You will have access to your financial aid estimate provided you filed a CSS/Financial Aid Profile and a Noncustodial Profile (if applicable) by the required deadlines.
for replying online or by mail
- Early Decision I: By January 9
- Early Decision II: By March 11
- Regular Decision: By May 1
- Wait List Admits: Refer to the deadline on your admission letter
- Summer/Fall Transfers: Within three weeks of date of admission letter
- Spring Transfers: Within two weeks of date of admission letter
- From NYUHome, go to NYUAlbert and click on “Admissions Decision” in the upper right hand corner of your “Application Status” page. Then click "Accept/Decline Decision."
- Submit your non-refundable enrollment deposit by credit card or electronic check.
Keep in mind:
- If you accept our offer, you must withdraw any applications you have pending at other colleges or universities.
- If you can’t respond to your offer online, mail a completed Candidate Reply Form (PDF) and $500 enrollment deposit (check or money order; no cash, please). The envelope must be postmarked by the above deadlines.
Email is an important tool NYU uses to pass along critical information about the enrollment process. Soon after you confirm your enrollment, you’ll be assigned an NYU email address and given instructions on how to create your account. Once created, please check your email regularly. Contact NYU’s global IT Service Desk at AskIT@nyu.edu if you have trouble creating your account.
If you’re an international student, you must complete an I-20/DS-2019 application as soon as you decide to attend NYU. Instructions are available here. You’ll need your NYU NetID and password to log on to the site.
Keep in mind when completing the application:
- Please complete your application at least three months before you plan to enter the U.S. in F1 or J1 status.
- Incomplete applications will take longer to process.
- For an overview of the application process, watch our YouTube video on “Coming to the U.S.”
- You DO NOT need to submit an application or transfer your SEVIS record to NYU if you’re a freshman student beginning at NYU in London, Paris, or Florence.
Go to NYUAlbert and click on “Transfer Credit” under “Admissions.” This will bring you to a page called “Transfer Credit Report,” where you can examine your credit summary and see what courses will likely carry over to NYU. On this same page is our “Admitted Student Transfer Credit Information,” which has more details about transfer credit. If you’re using Albert Mobile, click on "Admissions" then "Transfer Credit."
Note that students admitted to the Accelerated Bachelor of Science program at the Rory Meyers College of Nursing should not attempt to access NYUAlbert for their transfer credit report. Please visit the Instructions for Accelerated Nursing Students page for more information.
If you plan to live on campus, you’ll be prompted to submit your required $1,000 housing reservation and online housing application once you accept your offer of admission and submit your tuition deposit (see “Respond to Your NYU Admission Offer” above). In order to secure guaranteed housing for the 2016-2017 academic year, you must submit your payment and application by May 1.
Now that you’re a part of the NYU community (isn’t that a good feeling), get connected on the official NYU Class of 2020 Facebook page. While there, view photos and videos, accept invites to events for admitted students, and get to know other members of your class. Also, come back to these Admitted Students pages for updates.
Send your final transcripts to NYU by July 1 to meet our proof of graduation policy. If not, you won’t be allowed to register for fall courses and you’ll be dropped from your pre-registered courses. An extension, though, will be granted to students outside the U.S. whose secondary schools operate on a different schedule. So get your transcripts in!