Newly admitted international students must apply for an I-20 visa.
1. View the multimedia tutorial.
2. Activate your NYUHome account following the instructions provided in your acceptance packet.
3. Complete your Application for Certificate of Eligibility (AFCOE). Submit your AFCOE, the $50.00 (US) AFCOE fee, and your financial documentation.
- All materials should be returned to the NYU Office for International Students and Scholars, NOT to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- If you are a Liberal Studies student spending your freshman year in Florence, London, Paris, or Shanghai, you will need a country-specific visa, and not a U.S. I-20. You will not need a U.S. student visa until you begin your studies at our New York campus in the fall or summer of your sophomore year.
New York University
561 La Guardia Place
New York, NY 10012