To confirm your enrollment at NYU, you will need to visit our NYUHome website and use your NYU NetID and Password to access NYUAlbert, our online portal to NYU’s student information system where you will accept or decline your admission offer. Using NYUAlbert, you can also review your preliminary statement of transfer credit. In addition, if you applied for financial aid and you qualify, we will provide you with your financial aid award online. Please follow these quick steps:
- Activate your NYU NetID and create your password.
If you have not already done so, you must activate your NYU NetID and create a password. If you have already activated your NYU NetID and created a password, you can skip to #2.
You have been assigned a NetID, which is in your admission letter. Your NetID is used to sign in to systems at NYU. To activate this NetID and set your password, go to the NYU Information Technology Services (ITS) Start page at http://start.nyu.edu. Enter your NetID, click on the “Start” button and follow the online instructions. To complete the process, you will also need your date of birth and your NYU University ID number. Your NYU University ID is also in your admission letter.
- Sign in to your NYUHome service and NYUAlbert.
NYUHome is a portal of entry to access online NYU services like NYU Albert. Your username for your NYUHome account is your NetID, and your password is the one you have just created. NYUHome can be located at http://home.nyu.edu/academics.
- View your financial aid award.
If you did not apply for financial aid, you may skip to step #4.
You will receive an email when you are able to access your financial aid award, assuming you qualify and you have filed a 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by our deadline. Assuming you are eligible, you should receive this email within five to seven days of receiving your offer of admission. Please be sure to check your “To Do” list in NYUAlbert to see if there are any documents requested. Failure to supply requested documents can result in the delay of your financial aid award.
If you have not applied for Financial Aid and wish to apply for federal aid, you can file your FAFSA electronically by going to http://www.fafsa.gov. Be sure to list NYU as a university to receive your FAFSA data (NYU’s school code is 002785) and include all required electronic signatures.
It is important that you take the time to review information regarding financial aid, including the current cost of attendance. A link to NYU’s Financial Aid Guide can be found at http://www.nyu.edu/admissions/financial-aid-and-scholarships/financial-aid-at-nyu.html.
If you have questions about your financial aid award, please contact the Office of Financial Aid directly at +1 212 998 4444 or by email at email@example.com.
- Review your preliminary statement of transfer credit, respond to your offer of admission, and confirm your enrollment.
All admitted students should respond to our offer of admission by either accepting or declining. To accept our offer and confirm your enrollment online, you must do so within three weeks of your admission letter. To do so, click on “Applicant Login” in NYUAlbert, followed by “Application Status.” Please then follow the online candidate reply process by clicking on the “ADMISSIONS OFFER” link, which appears in the upper right hand corner of your Application Status page. Again, you must confirm your enrollment within three weeks of the date on your admission letter.
To review your preliminary statement of transfer credit, log in to NYU Albert and click on “Transfer Credit,” under “Admissions.” This will bring you to a page titled “Transfer Credit Report,” where you can examine your credit summary. From this page, you can see what courses will likely transfer to NYU. Here you will also find a link to a page on our website titled “Admitted Student Transfer Credit Information” which provides more details about transfer credit.
Students admitted to the College of Nursing should not attempt to access NYUAlbert for their transfer credit report. Instead, we have enclosed information about your transfer credits.
Responding to your admission offer by postal mail
If you cannot respond to your admission offer online, you may respond by downloading a Candidate Reply Form. Your Candidate Reply Form and check or money order for $500, made payable to New York University, must be postmarked within three weeks of the date of your admission letter. Please do not send cash.
- If you are an international student, you must complete an I-20/DS-2019 application.
The Office of Global Services needs approximately two weeks to create a new I-20 or DS-2019 upon receiving a completed I-20/DS-2019 application from you. Submit your application as soon as you decide to attend NYU.
- If you are outside the U.S. and will need to apply for a student visa to enter the U.S., file your application by June 1 if starting in the fall semester, November 15 if starting in the spring semester. Summer students should file at least three months before the state of classes.
- Send the application in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an automatic confirmation. Please be sure to submit a complete application. Incomplete applications will take additional processing time.
- The online application, along with instructions, is available at http://ow.ly/hkuAF. You must use your NYU NetID, as noted above. A helpful multimedia tutorial is available at http://ow.ly/hkuR2.
- Freshman students beginning at NYU in London, Paris, or Florence should not submit the application and should not have their SEVIS record transferred to NYU.
- Submit supporting financial documents in English or accompanied by official English translations. Bank statements must be dated within six months. You must show funding for the first year in liquid assets.
- If you plan to live on campus, apply for housing.
When you accept the offer of admission and submit your enrollment deposit as indicated above, you will also have the opportunity to submit the required housing reservation payment as part of the same transaction. The $1,000 housing reservation payment can be paid by credit card or electronic check. The credit card payment option is only available when you initially accept the offer of admission and confirm your enrollment. You will then be prompted to complete the online housing application. You may also access the Housing application at a later date through the Housing Forms Channel at NYUHome. In order to secure guaranteed housing for the 2013-2014 academic year, the reservation payment and online housing application must be received within three weeks of the date of your admission letter.
New York University welcomes you.