To confirm your enrollment at NYU, you will need to visit our NYUHome website and use your NYU NetID and Password to access NYUAlbert, our online portal to NYU’s student information system where you will accept or decline your admission offer. Using NYUAlbert, you can also review your preliminary statement of transfer credit. In addition, if you applied for financial aid and you qualify, we will provide you with your financial aid award online. Please follow these quick steps:
- Activate your NYU NetID and create your password.
If you have not already done so, you must activate your NYU NetID and create a password. If you have already activated your NYU NetID and created a password, you can skip to #2.
You have been assigned a NetID, which is in your admission letter. Your NetID is used to sign in to systems at NYU. To activate this NetID and set your password, go to the NYU Information Technology Services (ITS) Start page at http://start.nyu.edu. Enter your NetID, click on the “Start” button and follow the online instructions. To complete the process, you will also need your date of birth and your NYU University ID number. Your NYU University ID is also in your admission letter.
- Sign in to your NYUHome service and NYUAlbert.
NYUHome is a portal of entry to access online NYU services like NYU Albert. Your username for your NYUHome account is your NetID, and your password is the one you have just created. NYUHome can be located at http://home.nyu.edu/academics.
- View your financial aid award.
If you did not apply for financial aid, you may skip to step #4.
If you did apply for financial aid, you will receive an email within 5-7 days notifying you when you may view your estimated award in NYUAlbert. From the main page of NYUHome, click the "Academics" tab, then click on "Applicant Login," followed by "Accept/Decline Financial Aid." You may then select "2015" if you will be starting in the summer term and "2016" if you will be starting in the fall term. Please read the award message carefully.
You will have access to your financial aid estimate provided you filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by our deadlines and are otherwise eligible. If you do not have access to a financial aid estimate and believe that you filed on time, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.
It is not too late to apply for federal financial aid. Those starting in the summer term will need to complete both the 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 FAFSA. Those starting in the fall term will need to complete the 2015-2016 FAFSA. You may file your FAFSA electronically by going to http://www.fafsa.gov to be reviewed for federal financial aid only. Be sure to list NYU (school code is 002785) to receive your FAFSA data and include all required electronic signatures.
2015-2016 academic year costs are available for your reference on the Office of Financial Aid website.
It is important that you take the time to review information regarding financial aid. We recognize that NYU is an investment in your education and requires a significant financial commitment. Please read NYU’s Financial Aid Guide.
If you have questions about your financial aid award, please contact the Office of Financial Aid directly at +1 212 998 4444 or by email at email@example.com.
- Review your preliminary statement of transfer credit, respond to your offer of admission, and confirm your enrollment.
All admitted students should respond to our offer of admission by either accepting or declining. To accept our offer and confirm your enrollment online, you must do so within three weeks of your admission letter. To do so, click on “Applicant Login” in NYUAlbert, followed by “Application Status.” Please then follow the online candidate reply process by clicking on the “ADMISSIONS OFFER” link, which appears in the upper right hand corner of your Application Status page. Again, you must confirm your enrollment within three weeks of the date on your admission letter.
To review your preliminary statement of transfer credit, log in to NYU Albert and click on “Transfer Credit,” under “Admissions.” This will bring you to a page titled “Transfer Credit Report,” where you can examine your credit summary. From this page, you can see what courses will likely transfer to NYU. Here you will also find a link to a page on our website titled “Admitted Student Transfer Credit Information” which provides more details about transfer credit.
Students admitted to the Accelerated Bachelor of Science program at the College of Nursing should not attempt to access NYUAlbert for their transfer credit report.
Your NYU Email Address
Soon after you confirm your enrollment at NYU, you will be assigned an NYU email address and will receive instructions on how to create your email account. It is important to remember to check your NYU email account regularly from the point it is activated, as critical information about your enrollment process will be sent there.
If you have any questions after you receive instructions from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions about setting up your NYU email address, you can contact NYU’s global IT Service Desk at AskITS@nyu.edu. (Note: If you experience trouble accessing your NYU email, you may use the NYU VPN service. Contact the email address above for details, but only after you receive instructions from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.)If you cIf you are an international student, you must complete an I-20/DS-2019 application.
- The Office of Global Services needs approximately two weeks to create a new I-20 or DS-2019 upon receiving a completed I-20/DS-2019 application from you. Submit your application as soon as you decide to attend NYU.
- International students should submit their I-20/DS-2019 application as soon as they decide to attend NYU. It is advised to allow three months lead time from the date of application to the date they wish to enter the US in F1 or J1 status.
- Send the application in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an automatic confirmation. Please be sure to submit a complete application. Incomplete applications will take additional processing time.
- The instructions on how to apply for an I-20 or DS-2019 form are here: http://www.nyu.edu/global/international-immigration-services/students/inbound-to-nyc/pre-arrival.html You must use your NYU NetID and NYU home password to log into the application. Watch our YouTube video on Coming to the U.S. to see an overview of the process.
- Submit supporting financial documents in English or accompanied by official English translations. Bank statements must be dated within six months. You must show funding for the first year in liquid assets.
- Important information regarding on-campus housing availability.
If available, you may secure guaranteed housing for the 2015-2016 academic year by submitting the $1000 reservation payment and online housing application by accept deadline stated in your admission letter. When you accept the offer of admission and submit your enrollment deposit as indicated above, you will also have the opportunity to submit the required housing reservation payment as part of the same transaction. The $1,000 housing reservation payment can be paid by credit card or electronic check. The credit card payment option is only available when you initially accept the offer of admission and confirm your enrollment. You will then be prompted to complete the online housing application. You may also access the Housing application at a later date through the Housing Forms Channel at NYUHome.
New York University welcomes you.