Financial Assistance

Washington Square Park

Tuition Discount

Tuition for CAS Summer Abroad programs is automatically discounted at a rate of 33% as compared to on-campus courses. This adds up to $3,624 in tuition savings for 8 credits. This discount is reflected in the advertised rates.

Institutional Resources for CAS Students

The CAS Dean’s Opportunity Fund for Study Away (Summer) provides need-based assistance to CAS students who have been admitted to one of the College of Arts and Science Summer Abroad Programs, once they have paid their reservation fee to hold their place in the program. The fund enables students with financial need to participate in a CAS summer study abroad program. The application can be found here.

For Currently Enrolled NYU Students


NYU students who demonstrate financial need may be eligible for a NYU Summer Scholarship. For scholarship consideration, students must enroll for at least 6 points during the summer sessions, and both the NYU Summer Aid Application and the FAFSA application must be received by May 1. New York State residents may also be eligible for TAP (Tuition Assistance Program) or New York State Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS) grants.

After May 1st, students may be considered for federal or private loans.

Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship

Instructions for How to Apply to Gilman Scholarship:

Visit to learn more about the Gilman scholarship and to complete the on-line application. Please review the eligibility requirements carefully, keeping in mind only students currently receiving a federal Pell Grant will be considered.

Read the Application Tips and complete the online application by midnight on March 1, 2017. The application includes three main sections: personal data, Statement of Purpose Essay, and Follow-On Project Proposal. You’ll also be asked to select a Study Abroad and Financial Aid Advisor. See advisor details below.

Complete the Gilman Authorization Form by March 1, 2017. *This is the only way to ensure that your application will be certified by both advisors. We are unable to certify your application without your signed form on file.

For specific questions, you can reach the Gilman Organization at 713-621-6300 or

Advisor Information:

Last Names A-H
Study Abroad Advisor
Zara Bohan, Office of Global Programs

Last Names R-Z
Study Abroad Advisor
Jessica Levin, Office of Global Programs


Last Names I-Q
Study Abroad Advisor
Nyoka Joseph, Office of Global Programs

All Students: Financial Aid Advisor
Lisamaria Loguidice, Office of Financial Aid 

External Scholarships

Students looking for additional funding for their studies abroad should be aware that scholarships are available through many organizations outside of NYU. Please keep in mind that NYU does not administer these scholarships and has no authority to award funding through these programs, alter scholarship application deadlines, or adjust application requirements, but our students have received funding through these programs in the past. See below and here for more information.

STA's "Book Now, Pay Later" Program

STA Travel offers a payment plan for students who wish to take advantage of earlier, less expensive rates but who might not have the funds available at the moment of purchase. After making a nonrefundable $300 deposit, students can secure their tickets and postpone payment for up to seven days before departure. Visit STA's website for more information.

For Visiting Students

Federal Loans

Students currently enrolled at another college or university should contact their home college or university's financial aid office to investigate the possibility of receiving financial assistance through their own school. Most schools will administer certain kinds of financial aid on behalf of their students who register for classes elsewhere; however, this will require the student to complete the home school's consortium agreement. This agreement between schools needs to be completed by both the home school and the visiting school (NYU).

Please note:  It will take up to three weeks for NYU to complete the consortium agreement and send it back to your home school.

Nonfederal loans

In most cases, visiting students seeking nonfederal loans do not have to complete a consortium agreement but instead are required to complete the Non-NYU Undergraduate Summer Aid Application. On the Summer Aid Application, the student should indicate that he or she is a visiting student seeking nonfederal aid. For more information about private loan options and the application process, see

Visiting Undergraduates: Go to the NYU Office of Financial Aid website and complete the Summer Financial Aid Application for Non-NYU (Visiting) Students. This form becomes available on the website in February/March of each year. Please make sure to read all information for pertinent deadlines.

For NYU Graduate Students

There is limited aid for graduate students during the summer and most of the aid is administered directly by the individual schools.