New York University Skip to Content Skip to Search Skip to Navigation Skip to Sub Navigation

Admitted Students

Congratulations! Now that you've been admitted to and NYU Summer Abroad program, it's important that you stay up-to-date on information that comes from your program directly. Information regarding booking travel, arrival and departure dates, visas, and any pre-departure requirements will come straight from the abroad program you've been admitted to. However, this page lists a few bits of important information that is relevant to the whole NYU Summer Abroad community, wherever you go in the world!


A breakdown of costs is available through the program page for your program. Once you confirm you place in the program and register for classes, the Office of the Bursar at NYU will send a billing statement once a student has confirmed admission to the program and has been registered for the proper amount of credits. Please visit the NYU Bursar website for complete billing information and instructions.

In the event that you must cancel or withdraw from the program – whether your application is pending or you have already been offered admission – you must direct your cancellation notification directly to the program contact, which can be found on each individual program page. Your cancellation notification must be submitted in writing (mail or email) before the program begins. Cancellation notices must contain the student's first and last name, the program title and location, and the reason for cancelling.

All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. An applicant who cancels after submitting a deposit must forfeit the deposit.

Any student who withdraws once engaged in a NYU Summer Study Abroad program is not eligible to receive a refund for tuition or any other program-related expenses.

Questions regarding grading practices, including "withdrawal" or "incomplete" schedules, should be addressed to the individual program contact.

Once you have completed your program, if you would like an official transcript, you must submit a transcript request to the Office of the University Registrar. The Transcript Request form is available on the Registrar's website.

The Transcript Request form requests the following information: full name, University ID number, current name and address, date of birth, dates of attendance, date of graduation, the school or schools of the University attended, and the name and address of the official to whom the information should be mailed. Signed request forms may be faxed to 212-995-4154, or mailed to:
    Office of the University Registrar
    New York University
    P.O. Box 910
    New York, NY 10276-0910

In accordance with the general practice of colleges and universities, complete official transcripts and certifications are sent directly by the University. A partial transcript of a University record may not be issued. Once a final examination period has begun, no transcript will be forwarded for any student who is currently enrolled in courses until all the student's final grades have been received and recorded. Please notify the Office of the University Registrar immediately of any change of address.

NYU Footer