Congratulations! Now that you've been admitted to a CAS Summer Abroad program, it's important that you stay up-to-date on information that comes from your program directly. Information regarding booking travel, arrival and departure dates, visas, and any pre-departure requirements will come straight from the abroad program you've been admitted to. However, this page lists some important information that is relevant to the whole Summer Abroad community, wherever you go in the world!
CAS Summer Abroad Application Opens!
|Approx. February 15||Admission notification for Priority deadline.|
NYU Undergraduate Summer Financial Aid Application becomes available.
|March 1||General deadline.|
March 2 - April 15
Rolling admission period. Applications received during this time will be reviewed in 2-4 weeks.
|Approx. March 15||Admission notification for General deadline.|
TBD April 2018
Summer 2018 bills available.
|April 15||Last day to apply for summer 2018.|
TBD Spring 2018
||Submit summer abroad housing application and travel documents.|
|April 30||Last day to confirm program spot.|
NYU Undergraduate Summer Financial Aid deadline for scholarship consideration.
|TBD May 2018||Summer 2018 bills due.|
Other Important Information
Congratulations on your recent admission to NYU CAS Summer Study Abroad!
In order to confirm your intention to enroll, you must accept your offer of admission by submitting a $500 non-refundable, non-transferable reservation fee. You can accept or decline your offer of admission in two ways:
1. Accept or Decline Your Offer Online (preferred):
- Log on to your NYUHome account
- Select the "Academics" Tab
- Click on the "Albert" button
- Within Albert, Select the "Applicants" tab at the top left of the page
- Select the "Application Status" link
- Click on the purple "Admission Offer" button next to your study away application
- Follow all of the prompts to accept or decline your offer of admission
Note: If you accept our offer, please be prepared to pay the reservation fee by e-check. After you make your final decision, the "Admission Offer" button will no longer appear.
2. Submit Your Payment by Mail or In Person (only if you are unable to accept online):
- Please mail or hand-deliver a completed confirmation form and a check or money order payable to "New York University" with your name and University ID written in the memo section, to NYU Office of Global Programs, 383 Lafayette St, 4th Floor, New York NY 10003.
Note: Please do not send cash. The check or money order must be in US funds only and include your University ID number. Once we receive and process your reservation fee, the "Admission Offer" button will no longer be available to you through Albert.
3. Request Study Away Confirmation Fee Deferment (NYU Students only):
- Students with demonstrated financial need are encouraged to submit our fee deferment form to be formally reviewed for deferment eligibility. Please log into the form using your NYU email address. Though we would like to accommodate each and every student that has expressed a financial need, a formal threshold is imperative.
- This threshold is as follows: if a student's financial aid package consists of any form of loans, grants, or scholarships - we will waive the enrollment fee in the order it is received via this formal deferment form. Students who submit this form and qualify for fee deferment will be automatically confirmed to enroll.
An Important Note:
Please understand that it is receipt of your $500 reservation fee payment or the approval of your deferment request form that secures your place in the program. Enrollment capacity is limited and if the program reaches capacity before we receive your reservation, you will be placed on a wait list.
A breakdown of tuition and fees is available on the program page for your program. Once you have been admitted, confirmed your place in the program by paying the $500 reservation fee and have registered for classes, the NYU Office of the Bursar will send a billing statement to your NYU email account. Please visit the NYU Bursar website for complete billing information and instructions.
A non-refundable cancellation fee of $500 will be charged to students who cancel participation in the program after the final confirmation deadline of April 30. Please note that space for housing, excursions and activities are planned with confirmed student numbers and late cancellations affect our ability to plan appropriately. Please take this information into account when making a cancellation decision.
*The cancellation fee will be applied in all cases except in the case of extenuating circumstances. Among others, circumstances that would NOT be considered extenuating include failure to obtain passport/immigration documentation in a timely fashion, failure to verify in advance of accepting admission if the course will fulfill degree requirements, and failure to secure enough funds to cover full program costs.*
If you need to withdraw prior to departure:
- Student must contact program email alias (located on the program page) to communicate his or her intention to withdraw in writing.
- If the student has registered for summer abroad courses, he or she should check Albert and Bursar bill to ensure that the courses have been removed and all associated charges have been dropped.
- If the student has registered for summer housing, he or she should check to ensure the housing application has been cancelled.
- Any inquiries about applicable refunds can be made to email@example.com.
If you need to withdraw after the program start date:
- Student must be in touch with NYU site staff and program faculty director, who will assist in this process.
- If a student ultimately chooses to withdraw from the program, this must be communicated in writing to NYU site staff and program faculty director.
- NYU staff will assist in withdrawal process and return to home country, as necessary.
- Any inquiries about applicable refunds can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important notes: Please note that the $500 reservation fee paid to reserve a student’s place in the summer abroad program is non-refundable and non-transferable. In addition, tuition refunds, and where necessary housing refunds, are sent by check to a student’s permanent address by default; this is the permanent address as listed in the NYU system. If you would prefer direct deposit of your refund, please carefully read the instructions for information on how to set up a direct deposit for your refund on the Bursar's website. Please note that a student may not be eligible for refund of tuition or program and housing fees if withdrawing after the program start date.
Students who have previously confirmed their intent to enroll in summer study abroad (meaning you've accepted your offer of admission through Albert) and who have decided to cancel their enrollment must submit our cancellation request form.
Please note that students who withdraw from the program after April 30 will be subject to an additional $500 cancellation fee.
Any student who has already applied, been admitted, or confirmed their intent to participate in a Summer Study Away program and has decided to change his or her first choice location should submit a program change request form. Please understand that change requests will be reviewed on a space available basis and that your application will be reassessed in light of the information you include here.
CAS Summer Abroad programs follow NYU's Office of the Bursar policy for summer tuition refunds.
Six Week Session
|100% of tuition and fees||Courses dropped during the first week of the session|
|NO REFUND||Courses dropped after the first week of the session|
For information about tuition refunds, please see the Bursar's website.
Students who withdraw during the program dates will be responsible for prorated housing charges based on actual usage.
Program & Activities Fee
After the program start date, program and activity fees cannot be refunded.
Important notes: Please note that the $500 reservation fee paid to reserve a student’s place in the summer abroad program is non-refundable and non-transferable. Students who cancel participation in the program after the final confirmation deadline of April 30 will be subject to an additional cancellation fee of $500.
Questions regarding grading policies, including "withdrawal" or "incomplete" schedules, should be addressed to the individual course instructor or program faculty director.
If you would like an official transcript once you have completed the program, you must submit a transcript request to the Office of the University Registrar. The Transcript Request form is available on the NYU Office of the Registrar's website.
Please contact NYU's Office of Registrar directly with further questions.
In accordance with the general practice of colleges and universities, complete official transcripts and certifications are sent directly by the University. A partial transcript of a University record may not be issued. Once a final examination period has begun, no transcript will be forwarded for any student who is currently enrolled in courses until all the student's final grades have been received and recorded. Please notify the Office of the University Registrar immediately of any change of address.
No doubt you have many questions about this exciting opportunity for your student. The following blogs are updated by members of the Global Student Services Team. Check back for periodic updates containing useful information such as pre-departure tips, program schedules and information about airport pickups.