Follow these steps to activate your NYU account.
To accept or decline your offer of admission you will need to log into NYU Albert, http://albert.nyu.edu, using your NetID and password. Once logged into Albert, select the "Applicants" tab, and then "Application Status" under the "Visiting Students" header. Once you are on the "Application Status" page, click the button that says "Application Decision" to accept or decline your admissions offer.
Please note: At this point in the process you will need to WAIT 24 HOURS to activate your email and begin registering. If you receive an error message stating the the system does not recognize your credentials, simply try back the next day. If the problem persists, email a screen shot of the error message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you activate your NYUHome account and waited 24 hours after accepting your admission decision, you can check your NYU e-mail by logging in to NYUHome and clicking the "E-mail" link, or navigating directly to email.nyu.edu, and using your NYUHome credentials. All NYU correspondence from this point on will be sent to your NYU e-mail address.
If you are having difficulty accessing your NYU email account, be sure you’ve activated your account by following these steps:
- Clear your browser cache and cookies by going into your web browser's internet options.
- Go to start.nyu.edu.
- Enter your netID (which is the ID you were given via email that contains your initials followed by three or four numbers). Then click 'Start.'
- Re-enter your password and click 'Continue.'
- Select the third item, 'Set an NYU Google Apps for Education password.'
- Enter a new password and follow the instructions on the screen to complete activation of your email account.
- Once your email account has been activated, go to home.nyu.edu and sign into NYU Home.
- To access your NYU email account, click on 'E-mail' under the NYU Home banner on the upper right hand corner.