We strongly encourage you to apply as early as possible to NYU Precollege, as there is limited space in the program. NYU admits students to the program on a rolling basis.
1. Fill out and submit the online application, available Feb 1, 2017
- The application requires a Personal Statement: Tell us about who you are, as a student and a person, in 250-500 words (approximately 1 page typed). You may select a topic of your choice, or answer the following question:
Describe an experience that has impacted who you are as a person. What is special, unique, distinctive or impressive about you or your life story?
- You are able to upload an unofficial transcript to your online application, on the Academic History page. However, you will be required to submit an official transcript as outlined below.
- Provide a valid e-mail address on the form, as all communication regarding your application will be sent via e-mail.
2. Send an official copy of your high school transcript.
- Official copies can only be provided by your school office. Transcripts must be signed and stamped by your school office.
- Make sure your transcript includes all coursework beginning with 9th grade. If you attended multiple institutions during high school, official copies must be obtained from all high schools attended.
- Be sure to include current year grades (i.e. midyear grades) as part of your transcript or as a separate report. If your high school does not provide grades, you must supply written evaluations for all completed courses.
- Official transcripts may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to:
Office of University Programs
665 Broadway, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10012
We will not review your application until ALL materials are received. Students may only apply to one NYU program at a time.
Please note: The NYU Precollege Application is only used for the Precollege admissions process. Admission to and/or participation in this program does not guarantee admission to any of NYU's schools or colleges. Students interested in applying to an undergraduate degree program must follow the application procedures set forth by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Dates and Deadlines
Applications submitted after the final deadline will be reviewed on a space-available basis. Any supporting documents sent by mail must be postmarked by the deadlines listed below.
Online application available
|February 16||Course registration begins|
|March 1||Residential priority deadline|
|March 15||International student application deadline|
|April 14||Commuter priority deadline|
|July 1||Final application deadline|
|July 2||Program orientation and move-in day|
|July 3||First day of classes|
|August 13||Last day of classes and move-out day|