NYU CALI NYC
Successful applicants to the NYU CALI program come from underrepresented communities and are academically strong high school students. All students are welcome to apply, priority will be given to applicants from the NYC metro/tri-state area. They also demonstrate exceptional leadership abilities within their schools and communities. If selected, students are awarded a full scholarship to the institute, and they are only expected to cover travel expenses to and from the NYU campus. Living on campus during the duration of the program is required.
This program will include workshops and small group sessions on a variety of topics:
- College admissions
- College entrance test preparation
- Essay and resume writing
- Interviewing and presentation skills
- Financial aid literacy
NYU CALI Program Dates: July 12th - 17th, 2020
Applying to NYU CALI
The NYU CALI application will be open on February 17th.
For guidance in submitting the components of the online NYU CALI application, refer to the chart below.
|CALI Application Materials||Submissions Method*|
|Essay Response||Online (part of application)|
|Recommendation Letter||Online as part of application OR mailed by recommender|
To apply to NYU CALI:
- Fill out the CALI Application Account Creation Form. On this form, you will be asked to provide some basic information such as name, date of birth, and email, in order to create your account in our application system.
- Upon submission of the Application Creation Form, you will receive an email containing a temporary PIN and instructions for finalizing your account setup. Please follow these steps carefully.
- To resume your application, log into the Application Management page and proceed through the application. Please pay close attention to the information on the Instructions page for guidelines regarding submission of the application and any required supplemental documents.
- After submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Within a few days, you will receive a second email containing your NYU credentials and instructions for accessing your applicant portal, where you can check the status of your application and any missing documents.
*Application materials can be uploaded to the application or mailed to:
NYU College Access Leadership Institute
383 Lafayette Street
New York, NY 10003
Need help submitting your CALI application?
If you have general questions about completing the application, you may contact the NYU Office of University Programs for assistance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.