Accepting Fall 2018 applications
Students interested in studying away for the full 2018 / 2019 academic year must submit a both a fall and spring application by the stated deadlines to be considered.
Spring 2018 Update: Students are welcome to apply to NYU Buenos Aires, NYU Florence or NYU Washington, DC. All other programs are no longer accepting applications for spring 2018. The final application deadline will be December 15th.
Please check back for more information or email email@example.com.
As a visiting student, we look forward to receiving your application to study away with NYU in many of our locations. Please review the following list to confirm when the program you're most interested in will be available:
Accra - Fall & Spring (limited availability)
Buenos Aires - Fall & Spring
Florence - Fall & Spring
Madrid - Fall & Spring
Paris - Fall & Spring
Prague - Fall & Spring
Shanghai - Fall & Spring
Sydney - Fall & Spring (limited availability)
Tel Aviv - Fall & Spring (limited availability)
Washington, DC - Fall & Spring
Unfortunately, NYU Abu Dhabi, Berlin, and London are available to NYU students only.
The application review is a holistic process that considers the complete academic record, unique program requirements, and student essay. It is suggested that applicants have earned a GPA of 3.0; students with lower GPA's are encouraged to provide insight to their academic goals in the personal statement.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Registered as a full time student at an accredited US college or university
- Completed freshman year of study (two full semesters) and will be 18 or older prior to beginning of term away
- Suggested GPA of 3.0 or higher; students with lower GPA's are encouraged to provide insight to their academic goals in the personal statement
- Incomplete (I) grades on transcript must be resolved before an admissions decision can be made
- Students who have completed at least one year of college but are not presently enrolled or who have graduated are also eligible to apply; however, priority is given to students currently matriculated
- Students currently on leave of absence, academic probation or disciplinary probation are generally ineligible; exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis
All students interested in applying to study at an NYU Global Academic Center must complete the online application which includes an agreement to the NYU Study Away Standard. All applicants are required to include three different choices of locations for study and every attempt will be made to match students with one of their top locations.
- Students interested in the Tisch Special Programs semester offerings in Havana, London, Prague, and Shanghai can learn more and apply online at http://specialprograms.tisch.nyu.edu/
- Students wishing to apply for admission to begin a NYU undergraduate degree program either as a first year or transfer student should not use this application and should instead visit the Office of Undergraduate Admissions Web-site at admissions.nyu.edu
Moses Center for Students with Disabilities
Students with disabilities who are requesting accommodations at NYU Global academic centers must contact the Moses Center to discuss reasonable accommodations. Students should contact the Moses Center prior to choosing a location and should register with the Moses Center as soon as they receive their admission notification. Visit the Moses Center website for more information.
Visiting Students - Additional application materials must be submitted separately. A complete application includes the following:
2) Personal Statement (included within the online application)
3) Academic Transcripts *
5) Advisor Approval Form (included within the online application)
* If your institution does not release official transcripts to students, then transcripts may be sent to the NYU Office of Global Programs at the address listed below.
** Required for applicants to NYU Paris who do not have proof of language proficiency on their academic transcript(s) should submit this form. If you've taken courses in the local language that appear on your transcript or have current AP, IB, or SAT II scores (from within the past twelve months), you do not need to submit this document.
Extended Stay Application
Students interested in extending their study away through the spring will be given priority if a completed Study Away Application and Extended Stay Form are submitted by September 29th. Notification will be sent on October 4.
To be considered, students must submit a spring application via their Student Center as well as complete the Extended Stay Form. All applications received after the September 29th will be considered as part of the general applicant pool.
Priority is only for students applying for full year at the same location. Students interested in studying for a full year but two different locations must apply by the regular deadlines and will be considered part of the larger applicant pool.
If you encounter trouble when trying to submit your application, first save the application as it is and then clear your cache (read: go into your browser tools menu and select the clear history/clear browsing data/clear cache option). Then, close all of your browser windows, reopen the browser, and log back into your application. In almost all cases, this will allow you to submit your application. If you try this and continue to have trouble, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you.
|After October 15*||2-4 weeks from date of submission||as space remains available|
|After March 15*||2-4 weeks from date of submission||as space remains available|
*Students who submit an application during these review phases will be admitted only as space remains available.
To allow for sufficient time to prepare, all new applications must be received at a minimum of two weeks prior to the site arrival date.