- be an undergraduate junior at the time of application
- be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national
- plan to enter a master's or doctoral program in the arts, humanities or social sciences
- have a documented history of receiving need-based financial aid during college
- have demonstrated superior standards of intellectual ability, scholastic achievement and personal promise in your undergraduate career
Established by the Board of Directors of The Sperry and Hutchinson Company, the Beinecke Scholarship Program awards substantial scholarships to students to support their graduate education in the arts, humanities and social sciences at any accredited institution.
NYU Endorsement Process
NYU may nominate one student in the Beinecke competition this year. To apply for our nomination, please submit the following documents in a single PDF, in the following order, to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line NYU BEINECKE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION, no later than 11:59 p.m. on January 8th:
- A completed application form
- A current one-page resume
- A personal statement of 1,000 words or less describing your background, interests, plans for graduate study, and career aspirations. The statement should include a discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, plans, and aspirations.
- A copy of your unofficial transcript
- A financial aid form, completed by NYU’s financial aid office
- An NYU scholarship waiver form
Additionally, you must have three letters of recommendation sent on your behalf to email@example.com by the deadline on January 8th. These letters should come from faculty members in your field of study, and should discuss your likelihood for success in graduate school.
To register for calls for application, information sessions about this scholarship, and workshops, please sign up on our scholarship list-serv on our homepage.