NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting campus that offers undergraduate degrees in 22 majors in the sciences, social sciences, humanities, arts, and engineering. It presents a visionary new model for higher education at the crossroads of the world that combines the best of a research university education with the advantages of a liberal arts, sciences, and engineering curriculum.
If you are a student working towards a degree in NYU New York or NYU Shanghai, you may experience Abu Dhabi for a semester, a year, or January Term course. You will live on Saadiyat Island, the cultural district of Abu Dhabi where NYU Abu Dhabi is located alongside the upcoming Guggenheim and the Louvre museums. You will study with renowned faculty in state-of-the-art laboratories, classrooms, art spaces, and campus facilities. You will have access to career counselling, health services, athletics and fitness, and 24-hour public safety. You can spend your free time with fellow classmates from over 110 countries, as well as the Emirates learning about new cultures, practicing a new sport, going to the nearby beach, or heading out in the city to explore the many tastes of Abu Dhabi.
What's Unique about Studying at NYU Abu Dhabi?
• State-of-the-art laboratories for science and engineering, an experimental laboratory for the social sciences, and a design studio for engineers and other students. It also has art studios, performance spaces, a black box theater, music practice and production rooms, as well as exhibition spaces.
• Over 600 courses.
• Over 1100 students from more than 110 countries.
• Classes that average 12 students. The faculty to student ratio will never be greater than 1:8.
• Over 60 student clubs and organizations.
• Academic advisors that ensure the students have meaningful study abroad experiences.
• A Career Development Center that helps students find on- or off-campus internships (paid and unpaid), advises students on post-graduation plans, and offers graduate school application guidance.
• A Health and Wellness Center that offers a full range of medical and counseling services.
• An Athletics Department and Fitness Center that offer a variety of physical education programs, including intramural sports and PE classes.
• A Public Safety Department that ensures the campus is fully secured and provides the same high standards of safety services as NYU in New York.