NYU Abu Dhabi presents a visionary new model for higher education at the crossroads of the world that combines the best of a research university education with the advantages of a liberal arts, sciences, and engineering curriculum. Current NYU students from the New York and Shanghai campuses can study abroad at NYU Abu Dhabi for a semester, a year, a summer or January Term course. You will live on Saadiyat Island, the cultural district of Abu Dhabi, where NYU Abu Dhabi is located alongside the Louvre museum. You will study with renowned faculty in state-of-the-art laboratories, classrooms, art spaces, and campus facilities. You can choose from over 600 courses in 24 majors in the sciences, social sciences, humanities, arts, and engineering. You will have access to career counselling, health services, athletics and fitness, and 24-hour public safety. You can spend your free time with classmates from over 120 countries as well as the Emirates learning about new cultures, practicing a new sport, going to the nearby beach, or heading out in the city to explore the many tastes of Abu Dhabi.
What's Unique about Studying at NYU Abu Dhabi?
- Over 600 courses per year.
- Over 1,500 students from more than 120 countries.
- Small classes that average 12 students.
- State-of-the-art laboratories for science and engineering, an experimental laboratory for the social sciences, and a design studio for engineers and other students.
- Art studios, performance spaces, a black box theater, music practice and production rooms, and art exhibition spaces.
- Over 70 student clubs and organizations.
- Individual academic advisors.
- A Career Development Center that helps students find on- or off-campus internships (paid and unpaid), advises students on post-graduation plans, and offers graduate school application guidance.
- A Health and Wellness Center that offers a full range of medical and counseling services.
- An Athletics Department and Fitness Center that offer a variety of physical education programs, including intramural sports and PE classes.
- StartAD, an entrepreneurship ecosystem to help incubate and accelarate new business development.
Academic Calendar: Fall/ January Term/ Spring/ Summer/ Full Year
Credits: Typically 16 NYU credits per semester
Faculty: Over 300 faculty
Student Body: Over 1,500 students
Housing: Furnished residence halls
Meals: Full meal plan
Language of Instruction: English
Local Currency: The UAE Dirham
Population of the city of Abu Dhabi: 1.2 million
Students interested in earning their degree at NYU Abu Dhabi should follow the procedures shared by the NYU Abu Dhabi Undergraduate Admission Office
“I’ve always said that it’s the people that you are around that make the difference. Coming to Abu Dhabi, I had no expectation – a big blank white canvas. In the end, I think my canvas is painted beautifully with so many wonderful people – friends, professors, the Global Education team, and all the other wonderful people along the way. The city welcomed me with just enough room to explore. It’s a fascinating place and NYUAD has a strong academic program.” – Julia Yoon