NYU Abu Dhabi presents a visionary new model for higher education at the crossroads of the world that combines the best of a research university education with the advantages of a liberal arts, sciences, and engineering curriculum. Students interested in earning their degree at NYU Abu Dhabi should follow the procedures shared by the NYU Abu Dhabi Undergraduate Admission Office. Current NYU students from the New York and Shanghai campuses can study abroad at NYU Abu Dhabi for a semester, a year, or January Term course. You will live on Saadiyat Island, the cultural district of Abu Dhabi, where NYU Abu Dhabi is located alongside the Guggenheim and the Louvre museums. You will study with renowned faculty in state-of-the-art laboratories, classrooms, art spaces, and campus facilities. You can choose from over 600 courses in 22 majors in the sciences, social sciences, humanities, arts, and engineering. You will have access to career counselling, health services, athletics and fitness, and 24-hour public safety. You can spend your free time with classmates from over 110 countries as well as the Emirates learning about new cultures, practicing a new sport, going to the nearby beach, or heading out in the city to explore the many tastes of Abu Dhabi.
“I’ve always said that it’s the people that you are around that make the difference. Coming to Abu Dhabi, I had no expectation – a big blank white canvas. In the end, I think my canvas is painted beautifully with so many wonderful people – friends, professors, the Global Education team, and all the other wonderful people along the way. The city welcomed me with just enough room to explore. It’s a fascinating place and NYUAD has a strong academic program.” – Julia Yoon
“I think all experiences help shape me in some way. My time at NYUAD is no different. It has been really incredible to talk with people from all over the world, with different perceptions, religions, beliefs, etc. It has definitely shown me that I was less open-minded than I thought. I think I became even more open-minded, but also very certain in some of my worldviews.” – Constanza Maio
What's Unique about Studying at NYU Abu Dhabi?
- Over 600 courses per year.
- Over 1,100 students from more than 110 countries.
- Small classes that average 12 students.
- State-of-the-art laboratories for science and engineering, an experimental laboratory for the social sciences, and a design studio for engineers and other students.
- Art studios, performance spaces, a black box theater, music practice and production rooms, and art exhibition spaces.
- Over 60 student clubs and organizations.
- Individual academic advisors.
- A Career Development Center that helps students find on- or off-campus internships (paid and unpaid), advises students on post-graduation plans, and offers graduate school application guidance.
- A Health and Wellness Center that offers a full range of medical and counseling services.
- An Athletics Department and Fitness Center that offer a variety of physical education programs, including intramural sports and PE classes.
Academic Calendar: Fall/ January Term/ Spring/ Full Year
Credits: Typically 16 NYU credits per semester
Faculty: Over 250 faculty
Student Body: Over 1,100 students
Housing: Furnished residence halls
Meals: Full meal plan
Language of Instruction: English
Local Currency: The UAE Dirham
Population of the city of Abu Dhabi: 1.2 million
Students interested in earning their degree at NYU Abu Dhabi should follow the procedures shared by the NYU Abu Dhabi Undergraduate Admission Office