To apply for the NYU Leadership Fellows program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria
The deadline to submit a complete application is 12:00pm noon EST on Monday, May 4, 2015.
A complete application includes the following three components:
1. Program Application. Within the online application, please upload a one Microsoft Word document with all of your answers to the short essay questions.
2. Faculty/Staff Member Letter of Recommendation
3. Peer Letter of Recommendation
Short Essay Questions
The online Program Application Form will require you to upload a Word file with your name and answers to the following three questions.
• Short Essay Question 1 (300 words): What motivates you to apply for this program? How will you apply what you learn to work effectively with others on leadership projects?
• Short Essay Question 2 (300 words): Please tell us about a leadership experience that was particularly meaningful for you and share what you learned from it.
• Short Essay Question 3 (300 words): Describe a time when you worked with others on a common goal and across boundaries of difference (identity, socio-economic background, ability, spiritual or cultural tradition, political belief, heritage, academic discipline, age, and other hallmarks of difference). What did this experience teach you about your approach to collaboration?
Letters of Recommendation
Please ask your recommenders to submit an online Recommendation Form. Recommenders will be required to upload a Microsoft Word or PDF file addressing the following:
• Please provide specific examples that illustrate the student’s leadership potential and ability to collaborate across difference.
• Please describe how the applicant has demonstrated a commitment to learning from peers and contributing to their growth.
• What do you believe this applicant would gain from participation in this program?
Applications will be reviewed after the deadline. Participants will be selected based on the quality of their whole application, including essays and recommendation letters. The most competitive applicants will exhibit leadership potential, strong communication skills, ability to work collaboratively across difference and commitment to learning and growth. Admitted students will be notified in August 2015.